Worst feeling is in the airport after the cruise?

jpmaximus

I live in Virginia and i usually travel out of Florida. I just think the worst feeling of a cruise vacation is when you enter the airport for the flight home...I find myself looking for people that sailed on my ship that are also flying home...It is very sad. I usually suffer from a 3 day depression once i get home. I just can't help myself. I miss the ship that much. :)Anyone else have these same feelings?

I live in Virginia and i usually travel out of Florida. I just think the worst feeling of a cruise vacation is when you enter the airport for the flight home...I find myself looking for people that sailed on my ship that are also flying home...It is very sad. I usually suffer from a 3 day depression once i get home. I just can't help myself. I miss the ship that much. :)Anyone else have these same feelings?

There is a name for what you are feeling: Post Cruise Depression

The only way to ease the symptoms is to book another cruise and start planning THAT cruise!:)

PCD sucks, but the absolute worse feeling in the world for me was last Feb when we were in line to board the Liberty, I discovered that my birth certificate was missing!:eek: Horrible-I thought they weren't going to let me on! They did, because it had been checked already, but I was ready to cry. Then someone turned it in on the last day of the cruise, thank God. I had checked the entire building-nothing. I think what happened is that the guy who checked it handed me back my DL but not the BC-it was just an old,wrinkled piece of paper. They said an employee turned it in, so it had to be someone who boarded that boat after we left the terminal. Moral of the story- GET YOUR PASSPORTS!!!

I just think the worst feeling of a cruise vacation is when you enter the airport for the flight home

For me it's waking up the last morning of the cruise and watching it pull back into port.

:)Anyone else have these same feelings?

Yeah :( But it starts for me, when I'm packing the suitcase. It's a horrid feeling.

For me it's waking up the last morning of the cruise and watching it pull back into port.

An absolute killer.....I get down just thinking about it FTLOG!

you know your cruise is over when you wake up the last morning, and you see that "Brown River Water" at the port of N.O. A disapointment after seeing that beautiful blue Carribean water for a week.

Listen here shower girl. You're the last person that should be saying that...you had the 10 X, a 14(?) NCL and a CCL right after that.:p

NO SOUP FOR YOU.

It IS an eerie and stressful feeling . . .and also realize that someone else will be sleeping in "your" bed tonight! :eek:

I don't know. When I was in college that was always a pretty exciting thought.:D

It's worse when to try to pay for a meal with your "Sail and Sign" card and are turned down.

SO, we are not the only ones that have done that!:D

The worst for me is getting into the terminal and see the customs people. On the last cruise, as soon as we were outside the terminal, I turned to my DW and said "Can we go again? Can we? We are already packed!"

So, we got off on a Thursday and the next Tuesday, we booked the Freedom!;)

Listen here shower girl. You're the last person that should be saying that...you had the 10 X, a 14(?) NCL and a CCL right after that.:p

NO SOUP FOR YOU.

:D FWIW, it was a 14 X and will be a 15 NCL

Having a cruise (or two) booked does help with the PCD a little :o :o But getting off a ship is hard no matter how many you have in the queue.

:D FWIW, it was a 14 X and will be a 15 NCL

Having a cruise (or two) booked does help with the PCD a little :o :o But getting off a ship is hard no matter how many you have in the queue.

Bite me...(but not too hard) :p I stand corrected.

I got SCD so bad I could rip the arse off a rhino.:rolleyes:

We recently took our first cruise. We stayed over in Miami the day we got off the ship and flew out first thing Sunday morning. I think that really helped us get over being off the cruise. After a night in the hotel we were actually eagar to return home to the comforts of no suitcases etc. Of course getting home also allowed us to start planning the next cruise which helps too lol

Yeah :( But it starts for me, when I'm packing the suitcase. It's a horrid feeling.

Yeah...just packing that suitcase does it for me too. Knowing that the next morning I will have to leave this wonderful cruise ship.

Ain't that the truth? And then you're sitting there, and getting hungry, and all there is around are those coffee shops and Burger King. :eek:

I HATE that first meal OFF the ship.

Packing the suitcases up and setting them outside the night before is depressing for me. But the worst part for me is when we get back to BWI Airport. The entire group was so depressed and sad. It was a very quiet ride back home on the Shuttle. :( But we're going on the Destiny in 45 daysssss, we can't wait. I'll worry about the PCD Syndrome on the 19th of August.

It's worse when to try to pay for a meal with your "Sail and Sign" card and are turned down.

Worst than that is when you get up in the Morning to use the bathroom and when you return your bed isn't made up :o

Fred

I'd say the worst feeling is right now!!!I am in complete and utter agony waiting for my cruise next year!!!! What's really sad is that I planned two land trips (one to San Antonio last April, and one coming in in less than 3 weeks to Niagara Falls) and I don't even care!! Yes, I have always wanted to go to Niagara Falls, and yes I am excited about the trip, but it's nothing compared to cruising!!! What is it about cruising that makes me feel this way??? Dumbfounded.:confused:

I usually find that the ultimate low is getting my American Express card bill a few weeks after we get home. Epecially if it was a last minute cruise and i hadn't paid for it yet - Cruise fare, air fare and S&S card all on one bill.

Ugh - shoot me!

Archived