Beach Club Colony - anybody?

Cpsjis

We will be in Grand Cayman this September as part of our Mariner cruise and we're thinking about doing the Beach Club Colony excursion. Has anyone done this before. We have been to GC once and did a snorkeling excursion which was pretty good, but this time we are just looking for a good beach day.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

I've not read a single positive post about Beach Club Colony.

If you want a day at the beach, I'd grab a cab and head to Royal Palms or Sea Grape. Royal Palms is a bit closer to the port area, but both offer food, restrooms, water toy rental and chair rentals. Both are on the 7MB strip.

We've not been to either, we stay at a condo in GC, so we use the beach in front of the condo, but we did drive past SG many times, and there were always cabs lined up. And I've read that RP also has cabs. If you go to SG, make sure and give yourself extra time to get back to the port area. Everytime we've been there, the traffic is always stalled out at the Ritz...and SG is just beyond this area.

Some of the hotels offer a day pass, but with there being so many ships in port, many have limited the number of passes they sell, or don't sell them at all. The Hyatt used to have a day pass, but I don't know if they do this or not. I do remember that someone posted you had to pay in cash for the pass at the Hyatt.

We pretty much only use credit cards when we are in Grand Cayman and have had no problems. Grand Cayman is one of those rare islands where you can feel safe out doing your own thing. The first time we visited, we were on a ship and did an excursion with Captain Marvin's. We were hooked.

Depending on how many ships are in port, it couldl be crowded wherever you decide to visit. But if you want a beach day, I'd do one of these. :)

Here's the Royal Palms website...

http://www.reefgrill.com/pages/cruiseinformation.html

I've not read a single positive post about Beach Club Colony.

If you want a day at the beach, I'd grab a cab and head to Royal Palms or Sea Grape. Royal Palms is a bit closer to the port area, but both offer food, restrooms, water toy rental and chair rentals. Both are on the 7MB strip.

We've not been to either, we stay at a condo in GC, so we use the beach in front of the condo, but we did drive past SG many times, and there were always cabs lined up. And I've read that RP also has cabs. If you go to SG, make sure and give yourself extra time to get back to the port area. Everytime we've been there, the traffic is always stalled out at the Ritz...and SG is just beyond this area.

Some of the hotels offer a day pass, but with there being so many ships in port, many have limited the number of passes they sell, or don't sell them at all. The Hyatt used to have a day pass, but I don't know if they do this or not. I do remember that someone posted you had to pay in cash for the pass at the Hyatt.

We pretty much only use credit cards when we are in Grand Cayman and have had no problems. Grand Cayman is one of those rare islands where you can feel safe out doing your own thing. The first time we visited, we were on a ship and did an excursion with Captain Marvin's. We were hooked.

Depending on how many ships are in port, it couldl be crowded wherever you decide to visit. But if you want a beach day, I'd do one of these. :)

Here's the Royal Palms website...

http://www.reefgrill.com/pages/cruiseinformation.html

Is there an all-inclusive fee st Royal Palms or a fee of any kind at Sea Grape?

Is there an all-inclusive fee st Royal Palms or a fee of any kind at Sea Grape?

No, you pay for what you want...food, chairs, etc. You could go to these places and plop your towel down and enjoy the day the beach...and not pay a dime. But you could also do this anywhere along the 7MB area. You just can't use the hotel chairs...but you could eat at their restaurants.

Archived