Roll-up jewelry cases?

Cruzfan34

I'm thinking of buying one of those jewelry pouches that rolls up for traveling. I usually bring each piece in its own velvet box that it came in, but it's starting to be a hassle. Have any of you used the travel jewelry bags? Do your necklaces get all tangled or kinked with all of the jostling or are they secured well in the pouch? I'd hate to have some broken jewelry when I take it out of the case!:rolleyes:

I'm thinking of buying one of those jewelry pouches that rolls up for traveling. I usually bring each piece in its own velvet box that it came in, but it's starting to be a hassle. Have any of you used the travel jewelry bags? Do your necklaces get all tangled or kinked with all of the jostling or are they secured well in the pouch? I'd hate to have some broken jewelry when I take it out of the case!:rolleyes:

I use one of those black velvet jewelry rolls and I love it. My necklaces are laid out nicely when I roll it up and they don't tangle because they're all snug in the roll. I make alot of jewelry and I have tried many ways to travel with it.It has worked best for me.:cool:

Look for a jewelry roll that has an area that has snaps on each edge, so your necklaces don't get tangled. I have several jewelry pouches and they are definitely not the same.

Another ides for necklaces, written here years ago by (I forgot, sorry:o ) is plastic drinking straws, looping the chains through the straw, cutting the straw wherever needed.

I take my "real" jewelry in a case, in my purse. Some of my costume jewelry I leave in drawstring bags, right on the hanger with the outfits, into the garment bag. It's easier to organize that way, I don't have to remember what choice I made for the outfit. When I am getting ready to pack, ironing clothes and sorting through, I always use the pouches so I don't forget jewelry.

The drawstring bags I got free at Chico's, with purchase. I have quite a few of them, they will give you extra sometimes if you just ask. My SIL has given me a few as well, I share them with friends and co-workers.

Thank you for all the suggestions. Gordonchick, I love that case. I hadn't even thought about a case with a hard cover, but I really like the one in the picture. And it's not bulky!! :D

We're going on our third cruise in March '08 and I'm slowly finding better ways to pack. It's definitely been a fun process.

Thank you for all the suggestions. Gordonchick, I love that case. I hadn't even thought about a case with a hard cover, but I really like the one in the picture. And it's not bulky!! :D

We're going on our third cruise in March '08 and I'm slowly finding better ways to pack. It's definitely been a fun process.

It's only semi-hard on the the top and botton. The sides are soft. And they will even put your initials on it. And the drinking straw idea is great for really fine chains.

It's only semi-hard on the the top and botton. The sides are soft. And they will even put your initials on it. And the drinking straw idea is great for really fine chains.

The case is on sale for $12.98!!! I'm ordering it. :D

here's some too..I too choose all jewelry for each outfit..I love the big hunky stuff..so each set goes in the qt size zip-lok..I stand the all up in a shoebox,and put in the bottom of my rolly..the hard sides keeps it from caving in.I put all my other carry on stuff around it. My good stuff, rings mostly go in zipper bag strung on bead chain, all goodies fit in the safe, u can clothes pin each set of costume to the matching outfit on its hanger..and voi la..all staged for wearing. altho I have left some things on the dresser and they are never touched. same zippies are going on their 8th cruise in a year:D , they love it too~

Archived