Rental car and hotel in Vancouver

Can anyone tell me their experience with Hertz rental car in Vancouver. Picking it up from cruise ship and dropping it off at the airport.

Also, has anyone stayed at the Comfort Inn Vancouver Airport?

Thanks for your help.

comfort inn looks much better than it used to - I think it must be recently renovated, ( it used to have a strip joint in it... ie not the greatest + skytrain construction across the street.) If you can find something else for a reasonable price, I'd change if I were you.

It looks like you're staying there after your cruise?? if so & if you want to be close to the airport (ie in Richmond) , I"d go for the holiday inn express, or the travelodge or days inn or executive inn express or the hampton inn or the abercorn inn... lots to choose from!

which terminal is your cruise coming in on? National & Alamo are the only ones that are actually on site at the Canada Place cruise terminal - your car will be right there & you'll be on the road very quickly... the others (including Hertz) will put you and your luggage on a shuttle to their downtown location & then rent from there. for Ballantyne cruise terminal, all the rental companies shuttle offsite.

The comfort Inn IS MUCH BETTER than it used to. It's fine since the chain took over from the outfit that bought it from the firm that bought it from the guy that had the peeler bar. Those days are long gone.

Interestingly we stayed there pre. cruise flt. yrs ago. The peeler days were over then too but the rooms had not all been done. We got a huge room.... three,yes three queen beds. Huge soaker tub bar and what not. We wondered exactly what had gone on in that room.

It's not really all that handy to anything except the airport.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived