Live From the Celebrity Summit

tapia

Hi Tapia! And welcome home!

Hope the rest of your trip was as good as the beginning. Did you book the Summit for the Hawaii Holiday cruise? Strangely enough, we were booked for that one but it became unworkable for various reasons. So instead we will be on the Millie in February. You'll just have come here and share your experiences. I guess for a second there we really could have sat at your table -- or at least shared a martini!

Anyway, we are getting really excited about our trip on the Summit in just a few weeks. And if after you get settled you could let us know how it was at Hubbard. Were you able to get close?

Again thanks for sharing.

Sorry I wasn't able to get back right away, but we were very busy & then spent 1 day after cruise in Vancouver. I am back home today and probably won't get to my review yet, but I did want to answer the questions posted:

Hi Tapia:

Could you post the names of the Captain and Cruise Director for my list of

"Who's Where"

Arno

Captain Yannis Berdos

Cruise Director Martin Blanar

@ dlhamlten: More than 1/2 the balcony is under an overhang. The beginning part has concrete or something like that above. Then there's an overhang that people can't see you through and the last part is open. I could see the people below us, but only the tops of their heads if they were viewing from the open area. The Family View (corners) could be seen & they could see us pretty well too. But, for some WEIRD reason, they were NEVER on their balcony. Since I was in a CC, all the amenities were available. I forget my exact table number, but it was on deck 4 right by the window. We had early seating and some tables were empty, but our waiter & asst waiter were amazing. (Rey & Martin) Same w/the Sommelier. I think most of our direct neighbors took a different seating....

@ Snowboarders: There was an extra hairdryer (other than the 1 on the wall) underneath the "vanity" area of the bathroom. It worked VERY well for me--I have pretty thick hair and I was happy with it.

@ CdnCruzrs: When we first boarded, we got to the ship VERY early (11am) and were planning on dropping our luggage and then walking around until we could board. To our surprise, we could board immediately, but the computers weren't up yet, so the "check-in" took a little longer, which was fine. We boarded & explored for a while, finally getting to the buffet. There's a pasta-making station with different sauces available each day as well as a salad making station. Some people just have different standards--we met one guy having tea who hated everything there & said he was only eating at the Normandie or Cova for the cruise--so, he wouldn't be gaining any weight.

As I just got off the cruise, I wonder what cafeteria these people were at, I have NOTHING like that at lunch at work!

We were on deck 8 and I didn't smell urine at all during the entire cruise. We didn't walk any of the other decks with only cabins since there was no reason to be there, but I didn't smell anything.

That's correct w/the bedding--in fact, I saw them loading new bedding when we docked in Vancouver--but, I knew before I got on this was happening.

We had 4 large suitcases (DH & myself) and my parents had another 4 (even larger). Easy to get them in and unpack. We then were able to store all of them under the bed.

The shower was the LARGEST I've seen on any cruiseline, but the bathroom was in no way the large part of the room. I'll post a picture when I get a chance.

@ garmax: I found our balcony more than sufficient for viewing. There were times the decks above us were packed with people looking. By FAR I only want aft balconies from now on! But, having said that, going into Hubbard, you really need to be at the front of the ship....

@ Squirrel's Mom: I did book it for now, but I'm not sure if my schedule will allow me to keep the booking :-( As far as Hubbard, there was SO much fog, we couldn't see anything. We weren't close enough to see calfing either (or even hear it). That's my only 'regret' of the cruise....

[i went a little too nuts on the Martinis]

I hope to get started on my review this week, but any questions, please let me know.

Tapia,

Gllad to know you are home -- though I doubt you are. Too bad about Hubbard but that gives you reason to return!

Looking forward to your review. And I know what you mean about those martinis.

Thanks again for taking the time out of your vacation to share! (We have one of those corners and I assure you that we'll be on it most of the time.)

We're on Summit August 24, also in Cabin 8181. We would be interested in knowing if that huge balcony was sufficient for viewing or if it was necessary to go up on the main deck.

Hi Garmax, We are also on the 8/24 cruise, along with 2 other couples. Have you checked out the cruise connection forum at Summit 8/24/07 Alaska Southbound and signed up for the CC party? We are sharing our ideas and itineraries for land tour so come on over and join in.

Tapia: Welcome home...I know you're sorry your cruise is over. Now you'll just have to book another one so you won't suffer from cruise withdrawal. ;)

AMEN!

@ CdnCruzrs: It's fine, but I suspect you'd get faster responses from a thread titled with the advise you're looking for.

Archived