Kudos to my TA and Custom Air!

bettyonboard

I just wanted to leave a "happy thought" regarding the service I received from my TA and Custom Air/Celebrity Customer Service.

I am going on my first cruise in Sept to Alaska. To say that I HATE to fly is a BIG understatment!!! Yesterday I received all my flight information, and since then, I have been physically sick with anxiety. I was on four flights and four different planes just flying there. And three of the planes were the size of a Volkswagon bug with propellers! I dont have far to go, since I am leaving from Portland, Or, but when you hate to fly, a couple of hours feels like days!

I contacted Celebrity Customer Service first, because it was after hours for my TA. Although they were not able to help me directly with my flight arrangements, they were kind and curtious. I faxed my TA with the specific flight that I wanted. I knew from the price that I got offline, that I was looking at over $500.00 more to ease my fear of flying and changing planes etc. That was also not including the price of Custom Air that would have added another $100.00. Once my TA got done, I only ended up paying a little over $200.00 more. Now I do not have a lay over, I do not have to change planes in Seattle, and I am in over 5 hours earlier! And my return flight is one plane, direct flight out of Vancouver, Canada. For two people, I feel good.Awesome! Worth the money. :) :) :)

Hi Betty,

Nice to hear that you were able to improve your air travel to make your vacation so much more enjoyable. It seems that we are much more likely to post when we have bad experiences, but not so quick with positive outcomes.

A little flexibility, as in your case additional fare cost, can often go a long way to maximize your cruise experience. Hope you have a great trip!

Petert

Archived