Balcony guarantee

Have you sailed with a balcony room in the past?

Miracle is a class of ship that offers extended balcony rooms as well as standard balconies. There isn't much difference from what I am told other than price.

I've booked both guarantee balcony rooms and a selected balcony room and both have worked out fantastic. I book directly with Carnival and my PVP takes care of us.

If you are looking to save a few pennies and are comfortable with whom you book with then a guarantee room will work, especially if you are booking your cruise several months in advance. If you are going to worry where your room will be then maybe the extra dollars are worth the peace of mind.

We've yet to have a bad room on any guarantee we have booked. But we are just happy being on the ship!

I think that it's not so much about the Miracle, but just how comfortable you are with not picking your cabin in general. A GTY on any ship could land you a possible upgrade or a less desirable cabin. For me it's a combination of things when making the decision - on our last cruise we had only one sea day and it wasn't worth the extra cost when we weren't on the boat that much so we booked an OV and didn't even worry about the balcony. But on our upcoming cruise this Nov we have 3 sea days and it was more important that we have a balcony, although the price difference at the time I booked was significant between picking our own cabin and taking the GTY - so we risked it on the GTY Balcony. When I booked our cruise on FOS in 2009 I knew I wanted an aft balcony, so I paid more to be able to get that cabin.

The bottom line is how much do you have your heart set on a particular cabin/deck - or can you be happy no matter where you end up? Some people are just much too picky to go the GTY route - others couldn't care less. As long as you know the risk upfront and where you end up isn't going to make or break your cruise, then I'd say take the GTY. But that's JMO - I'm sure others will tell you to make sure you pick the cabin you want.

I have had an inside and an extended balcony cabin and I would rather stay in a cabin that has a balcony. The thing about choosing your cabin is you get where you want to be. And a guarateed you get what they give you. Also with the extended balcony you get a longer balcony which is nice and I think its worth the money regardless if you have sea days or not.

We've got a Balcony Guarantee as well on Miracle. My only concern is ending up with an obstructed view, but hopefully they don't include those in the list of possible rooms.

People who pay pick their specific cabins do so to avoid certain cabin situations......it would be safe to assume that what would be left over to fill would be the less desireable (obstructed view). There are cabins on the Miracle that are in no way listed/categorized as obstructed view.......but in some way are viewed as such.

I made this as an example for another thread, and can apply it here.....obviously it's my opinion and some others might disagree, but it's something to consider........

marvel99.jpg

Just my opinion.....

By the way....I was home from the Miracle less than a week before I was booked to go back and I'm taking my parents and kids on this one...........I love this ship!!! I think you made a great choice.

• 3 weeks later...

I just learned that my inside gty has been upgraded to an obstructed view balcony (upper deck, 7A)... I'm thrilled that we'll see more than just 4 walls but I'm curious what it will be like. Will we see the ocean or just lifeboats? Will we be able to sit out there? We sail on Aug 7 and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the cabin assignment sticks!

We booked a Balcony guarantee also on the Miracle. We paid for a category 8A and I am happy to say received an upgrade to Category 8G-Extended Balcony-mid ship. Couldn't be happier. We sail on 9/24..... We were willing to take a chance and also received a $100 Shipboard Credit on top of the great price. We booked back in March of this year.

M. St. Louis- Just wanted to let you know, I booked a balcony guar, and I got my room number today... So- maybe you can check yourself and perhaps your room has been assigned. Good Luck!!

OV cabin on the Legend was behind the lifeboats. It did have French doors that opened to the outside. We went to sleep most nights listening to the Atlantic and the ship going thru the water. It was a great experience, we thought.:D

Booking a guarantee depends on whether or not you want to chance being in a noisy area. We did it on our Miracle trip and got upgraded to an 8H -panorama deck but not extended and loved the location. If you look at the pic above we were right by where the bridge sticks out.:D

As for obstructed view, our TA at the time told us that on Spirit class, a BAL guarantee could give you the possibility of obstructed view. An 8A guarantee would rule that out since the obstructed ones are cat. 7. Don't know how accurate that is but we opted for the 8A guarantee to avoid the possibility of obstructed view.

• 3 weeks later...
M. St. Louis- Just wanted to let you know, I booked a balcony guar, and I got my room number today... So- maybe you can check yourself and perhaps your room has been assigned. Good Luck!!

Thanks, but we're still 400 days out. Not going to have assigned rooms for quite some time to come.

But when it does, I sure hope the upgrade fairy visits again. :D

Archived