Sofa Beds comfortable?

kbuck

We are booked on the Oosterdam in December and are considering adding a 3rd adult to our room. We're in a SY category. Are the sofa beds comfortable, do they fold out? Or are they a futon style? Thanks for the help. You folks are a wealth of information. This is our first HAL cruise, and we're really looking forward to it. We've been on all the other major lines, looks like we saved the best for last!

KB

We sailed the Westerdam, sister ship to the Oosterdam, in a VD last May, 2006 with 4 in a cabin--me, DH, DD, and DS. DD was 17, DS was 19. DD is 5'7", DS is 6'7". DS slept on the sofa bed. DD in the pullman. Both said the beds were VERY comfortable. The sofa bed folded out. As a sofa, it was beside the balcony door. When folded out, we really had to squeeze to go out to the balcony. I think VD is much smaller than SY, so you might not have that problem. For us, we were glad we took the kids--both were leaving home and it was our last vacation together. It was a slight inconvenience having the bed blocking the balcony. DS liked to dance late and sleep in while DH and I went to bed early and got up early for port excursions.

I've slept on sofa beds in both the verandah suites (twin/single size), and deluxe suites (full/double size). Both are fine, but the twin ones are better - and that's what you should have in the SY.

Archived