QE2 Room 3039 - C1 Category

SSL

Thanks, Norfolk Brit, that's a pretty cool site, very informative. Good page to keep in the 'Bookmarks', for reference when booking a voyage.

But I'd also like to hear from anyone who's stayed in the room -- what the configuration is like (every cabin in classic ships like QE2 seem to be different, despite being in the same category), what the noise level, ship motion, cabin steward, etc. are all like. Any pics would be most helpful, too.

This is the room I'll be in for her Final T/A!

Steve -- SSL

Has anyone been in this room? How is it? I've got it booked on a trip next year.

Steve -- SSL

I had 3040 for the entire world cruise which is next to 3042, the mirror (portside) opposite of 3039. If 3039 is anything like 3042, which I saw often, it is a comfortable cabin, with a queen bed, renovated bathroom with tub, walk-in closet, 2 portholes. It is forward on Three Deck, so you will feel more pitching motion in heavy seas.

Enjoy.

Do you think the pitching will be bad? It's October, so it shouldn't be too bad weather-wise, right? Otherwise, the room sounds perfect, thanks for the info.

Steve -- SSL

Do you think the pitching will be bad? It's October, so it shouldn't be too bad weather-wise, right? Otherwise, the room sounds perfect, thanks for the info. Steve -- SSL

No - its only when you get forward of the A Staircase that the pitching starts to become really noticeable - you are opposite the B staircase, so while not quite as stable as those even more mid-ships, you should be perfectly fine. Looking at Malcolm's deck plan it looks like one of the old First Class cabins.

Peter, Guernsey

No - its only when you get forward of the A Staircase that the pitching starts to become really noticeable - you are opposite the B staircase, so while not quite as stable as those even more mid-ships, you should be perfectly fine. Looking at Malcolm's deck plan it looks like one of the old First Class cabins.

Peter, Guernsey

i've read on these boards before that 3039 is one of the old 1st class cabins.

glenn.

i've read on these boards before that 3039 is one of the old 1st class cabins.

It is:) Anything that is a C2 or above was a first class cabin excepting 1104 and 1105 (and I suppose 2149, 2151 and 8200 that were added after the days of a class separation).

First Class? Wow! That'll be a first for me! I'm usually stuck in steerage! First time I was on QE2 it was a single (outside cabin at least), in the Mauretania Restaurant. I'm looking forward to the better Restaurant (I love the look of Caronia), and the better cabin. How are the cabin stewards in the area? When were those cabins last updated/refurbished?

Steve -- SSL

It is:) Anything that is a C2 or above was a first class cabin excepting 1104 and 1105 (and I suppose 2149, 2151 and 8200 that were added after the days of a class separation).

I did not know that about 1104 and 1105! Thanks for the tip!

The best cabins for "that First Class Ocean Liner feel" are Q3 through C2 - all have full bath with tub and lots of woodwork.

I have 1058 (C2) booked for an upcoming voyage... does any one know what that cabin is like? Any floorplans? I certainly like the "fine neighborhood" it's in!

-Michael

I did not know that about 1104 and 1105! Thanks for the tip!

I'm not saying not to take one. We were in 1104 last Christmas and it is a very spacious cabin. We wouldn't choose it again as first choice, but wouldn't say that you shouldn't take it:)

I have 1058 (C2) booked for an upcoming voyage... does any one know what that cabin is like? Any floorplans? I certainly like the "fine neighborhood" it's in!

My parents are there next Christmas (we're in an identical cabin on the other side of the ship). Location wise we think that it's better than 1104 but not by much. I've attached a plan.

364790901_Deck1copy.jpg.547f8e2c07c1ef59d3dd813b59a2c510.jpg

Thanks, Malcolm. I do appreciate it. Please let me know what you think of those cabins when you return from your Christmas voyage.

I may post this query on it's own and see what happens.... It's fun to get info from all the Cunard experts.

-Michael

I second the thanks -- thanks to all who answered my questions about the room. This is what I love about the classic ships like QE2, and one of the many things I'll miss about her; each room seems to have its own character, unlike the cookie-cutter prefabricated rooms of today's cruise ships.

Thanks again to all, hope to see you onboard,

Steve -- SSL

Archived