The Splendour rounds the horn in 2009

flagger

For the first time, Carnival Cruise Lines will operate voyages to South America with 14- to 18-day departures featuring extended visits to magnificent destinations in Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Ecuador, Chile and Peru aboard the new 113,300-ton Carnival Splendor beginning in January 2009. Representing a new class of “Fun Ship,” the 3,006-passenger SuperLiner will offer a host of innovations including a luxurious 21,000-square-foot health club and the line’s first spa staterooms and suites.

Carnival Splendor will operate three special South America departures in 2009 — a 17-day, six-port cruise from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., to Buenos Aires, Argentina, Jan. 31-Feb. 17; a 14-day, six-port voyage from Buenos Aires to Santiago (Valparaiso), Chile, Feb. 17-March 3, and an 18-day, six-port South America/Mexican Riviera cruise from Santiago (Valparaiso) to San Francisco March 3-21.

Carnival Splendor will become the first Carnival “Fun Ship” to operate a South American itinerary when it embarks on a 17-day, six-port cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Buenos Aires Jan. 31 - Feb. 17, 2009. The voyage, which will sail across two hemispheres with the crossing of the equator, will feature visits to the tropical islands of Dominica and Barbados as well as day-long calls at four spectacular Brazilian ports — Fortaleza, Recife, Salvador and Rio de Janeiro, each of which offers a rich history with architecture dating back to mid-16th century, along with gorgeous beaches, outstanding restaurants and shops, and unique cultural experiences.

Following this voyage, Carnival Splendor will sail on a 14-day, six-port “Cape Horn/Strait of Magellan” cruise from Buenos Aires to Santiago (Valparaiso) Feb. 17 - March 3, 2009. The voyage begins with an overnight call in Buenos Aires, Argentina’s cosmopolitan capital, then visits the charming cities of Montevideo, Uruguay; and Puerto Madryn, Argentina, followed by scenic cruising of historic Cape Horn - South America’s southernmost point. The voyage continues with a visit to Ushuaia, Argentina, a charming fishing village in the territory of Tierra del Fuego home to unique sub-Antarctic forests; another day of scenic cruising of Cape Horn/Beagle Island, and a call at Punta Arenas, Chile, which lies at the entrance to the Straits of Magellan and is considered the gateway to Antarctica. Highlighting this voyage is a day-long cruise of Chile’s majestic fjords and a visit to Puerto Montt, Chile, founded by German colonists in 1853 and boasts sparkling lakes and lush mountainous landscape.

Carnival Splendor will then operate an 18-day “Andes, Peru and Mexican Riviera” cruise from Santiago (Valparaiso) to San Francisco March 3-21, 2009. Prior to crossing the equator, Carnival Splendor will visit Arica, Chile, nestled in the Andes Mountains and founded in 1570, with exquisite collections of pre-Columbian artifacts; Lima (Callao), Peru, whose historic city center was declared a Word Heritage Site by UNESCO; Manta (Quito), Ecuador, also a UNESCO World Heritage Site founded in 1534 and featuring the Monastery and Church of San Francisco, one of the oldest religious structures in the New World. The voyage concludes with visits to the popular destinations of Acapulco and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and Long Beach, Calif., before arriving in San Francisco.

The first in a new series, as well as the largest Carnival Cruise Lines ship ever constructed, Carnival Splendor will feature an innovative new design introducing a host of guest-driven features that will usher in an exciting new era in “Fun Ship” vacations, highlighted by a luxurious 21,000-square-foot spa.

Adjacent to the elegant and modern facility will be 68 spa staterooms and suites, which will be accessible by a private elevator and offer exclusive privileges and amenities for guests. Also featured within the spa will be the line’s first thalassotherapy pool covered by a glass dome and an elaborate thermal suite, with four rooms offering varying degrees of warmth and coolness.

Other features include a 5,500-square-foot children’s play area - the largest in the “Fun Ship” fleet - as well as a water spray park and a mid-ship pool covered by a sliding Sky Dome. The line’s signature amenities such as cell phone and Wi-Fi service, a reservations-only supper club and the Carnival Seaside Theatre - a massive LED screen displaying movies, concerts and other programming - will also be featured.

Prior to its new South America program, Carnival Splendor will launch the line’s first-ever Northern Europe cruise program from London (Dover) July 13, 2008, followed by a series of voyages to the Mediterranean and Greek Isles through October 17, 2008.

Carnival Splendor will then sail on a transatlantic voyage from Rome (Civitavecchia) to Fort Lauderdale, positioning the vessel for a series of seven-day Caribbean cruises from that port beginning November 22, 2008. The ship will then sail on the three South America voyages, then reposition to Long Beach to launch year-round seven-day Mexican Riviera cruises beginning March 29, 2009, continuing the line’s expansion of its West Coast operations.

...in this case I will make an exception. Especially if we can get a B2B2B as one poster put it! FLL to San Francisco around the Horn! WOW....will that be a cruise from heaven.

Any idea when the prices get posted? (Is it still illegal to sell one's first born into slavery??)

Tom&Deb:)

...in this case I will make an exception. Especially if we can get a B2B2B as one poster put it! FLL to San Francisco around the Horn! WOW....will that be a cruise from heaven.

Any idea when the prices get posted? (Is it still illegal to sell one's first born into slavery??)

Tom&Deb:)

We could play a game..guess the prices of the cruises..:)

I would say prices will start at

17 Day---1099

14 Day---899

18 day--1199

Had planned to do the Transatlantic..but this one is too good to pass up.

Carnival Splendor will become the first Carnival “Fun Ship” to operate a South American itinerary when it embarks on a 17-day, six-port cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Buenos Aires Jan. 31 - Feb. 17, 2009. The voyage, which will sail across two hemispheres with the crossing of the equator, will feature visits to the tropical islands of Dominica and Barbados as well as day-long calls at four spectacular Brazilian ports — Fortaleza, Recife, Salvador and Rio de Janeiro, each of which offers a rich history with architecture dating back to mid-16th century, along with gorgeous beaches, outstanding restaurants and shops, and unique cultural experiences.

Mariner will have a tough act to follow :p

I would love to hear more about San Fran to Long Beach cruise. March 21-29. Maybe it will head up the coast for a few days.

Ok 1200, 999, and 1400.

They would be smart to offer a discount to b2b2b or combine two or more legs. I also would love to loop the whole trip. I am not sure I have enough memory on my portable hard drive to hold all the photos I would take.

RUF

17 Day---1099

14 Day---899

18 day--1199

I would think closer to:

17 Day--- 1649

14 Day--- 1359

18 day-- 1746

My estimate is based on per day inside prices for Freedom around the same time of year in 2008. ($97 per day for an inside).

OK!

All three legs....Cat 11...$5000.

Gee...I wonder what my wife will do when I am away on the cruise?? Oh well...she'll find something ionteresting I suspect!! (As if that would happen!!)

I also just looked at the dates again. The end of summer and the beginning of fall for the southern hemisphere. Could there be a better time?!?

Tom&Deb

The ship sounds awesome! As a RCI girl...I am happy about the Mariner coming this way but we are SOOOOOOOOOOOO lucky to get both and sounds like more west coast interest! Do we know what her itinerary is once she is here and can you book it yet? We are on the inaguaral west coast Mariner trip and considering doing one of her So America legs... hmmmmm

The ship sounds awesome! As a RCI girl...I am happy about the Mariner coming this way but we are SOOOOOOOOOOOO lucky to get both and sounds like more west coast interest! Do we know what her itinerary is once she is here and can you book it yet? We are on the inaguaral west coast Mariner trip and considering doing one of her So America legs... hmmmmm

She is taking over Pride's Itinerary

Carnival Splendor will offer an unmatched Mexican Riviera cruise vacation experience when it launches year-round seven-day service from Long Beach March 29, 2009. Ports of call include three popular seaside towns: Puerto Vallarta, which dazzles visitors with its gorgeous beaches, crystal-clear waters and lush countryside; Mazatlan, which, in addition to excellent beaches, offers an abundance of dining and shopping options; and Cabo San Lucas, distinguished by its rugged rock formations and miles of white-sand beaches.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/splendor_mexicanriviera.aspx

17 Day---1099

14 Day---899

18 day--1199

What the heck, I'll take a guess as well:

17 Day - - 1400 (inside)

14 Day - - 950 (inside)

18 Day - - 1500 (inside)

Archived