The Splendour rounds the horn in 2009

flagger

Prices for South America now posted on Carnival website.

17 day starting at 1199.00

14 day starting at 1399.00

18 day starting at 1099.00

They will begin taking reservations Tuesday, July 10th.

Naturally the one I want to go on is the most expensive.

Ok, I'll take a guess:

17 day 1299.00

14 day 1099.00

18 day 1399.00

Prices for South America now posted on Carnival website.

17 day starting at 1199.00

14 day starting at 1399.00

18 day starting at 1099.00

They will begin taking reservations Tuesday, July 10th.

Naturally the one I want to go on is the most expensive.

You had all the prices right with your guess...just in the wrong order. I was also thinking the trip around the horn would be cheaper.

3700 for a 49 day cruise isnt that bad :D:D

Wow, to be ablet o do the whole trip, that would be amazing!! I'd settle for the trip 'round the horn, but vacation time is going to make that one impossible. Not to mention I wouldn't be able to find someone to watch DS, and with him being just over 3, I don't think I'd want to take him on that trip!

So jealous of those of you that get to do any of these itineraries!!

Im leaning towards this one

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/STATIC_TEMPLATES/PROMOS/SPLENDOR/S.America_17day.aspx

Ft. Lauderdale 4:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

Fun Day At Sea

Dominica Noon 7:00pm

Barbados 7:00am 4:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

Fun Day At Sea

Crossing the Equator All Day Cruising

Forteleza, Brazil 7:00am 6:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

Recife, Brazil 7:00am 6:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

Salvador, Brazil 7:00am 4:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

Rio de Janiero, Brazil 8:00am 6:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

Fun Day At Sea

Buenos Aires, Argentina 7:00am

Here is the 14 day round the horn

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/STATIC_TEMPLATES/PROMOS/SPLENDOR/S.America_14day.aspx

Buenos Aires, Argentina 1:00pm

Buenos Aires, Argentina 5:00pm

Montevideo, Uruguay 8:00am 5:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

Puerto Madryn, Argentina 9:00am 6:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

Cape Horn Scenic Cruising

Ushuaia, Argentina 6:00am 6:00pm

Cape Horn/Beagle Island Scenic Cruising

Punta Arenas, Chile 6:00am 5:00pm

Chilean Fjords Scenic Cruising

Chilean Fjords Scenic Cruising

Puerto Montt, Chile 6:00am 6:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

Santiago (Valparaiso), Chile 7:00am

18 day ending in San Fran

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/STATIC_TEMPLATES/PROMOS/SPLENDOR/S.America_18day.aspx

Santiago (Valparaiso), Chile 5:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

Fun Day At Sea

Arica, Chile 8:00am 6:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

Lima (Callao), Peru 7:00am 5:00pm

Crossing the Equator

Manta (Quito), Ecuador 9:00am 6:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

Fun Day At Sea

Fun Day At Sea

Acapulco, Mexico 8:00am 6:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 8:00am 6:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

Fun Day At Sea

Los Angeles (Long Beach) 9:00am 3:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

San Fransisco 8:00am

I would love to hear more about San Fran to Long Beach cruise. March 21-29. Maybe it will head up the coast for a few days.

Yes - it will be very interesting to see how Carnival accounts for those "missing days." I have a feeling they might intersperse those days with a couple of short sailings for TA's, VIPS, etc. to introduce and celebrate the launch of a brand new ship on the west coast? It's been known to happen!

Hopefully, someone will put a group together. Im just wondering about the airfare from Argentina:eek:

I checked RT airfare from DFW to Buenos Aires for Feb. 08 & it was 1058.00, just about like a trip to Europe. Of course we'd be returning from Valpariso, Chili, but I was just trying to get a general idea of prices. If I book this cruise, I'd probably book air with Carnival. Being on my own in South America would have me outside my comfort level.

I checked RT airfare from DFW to Buenos Aires for Feb. 08 & it was 1058.00, just about like a trip to Europe. Of course we'd be returning from Valpariso, Chili, but I was just trying to get a general idea of prices. If I book this cruise, I'd probably book air with Carnival. Being on my own in South America would have me outside my comfort level.

Did you check pricing for one-ways to Buenos Aires and from Chile? Just checking cruise air from the other cruiselines, its also running about $1000 for one ways CHM to FLL and BA to CHM..Hopefully Carnivals air will be about the same.

Yes - it will be very interesting to see how Carnival accounts for those "missing days." I have a feeling they might intersperse those days with a couple of short sailings for TA's, VIPS, etc. to introduce and celebrate the launch of a brand new ship on the west coast? It's been known to happen!

Yes, Im so curious about that.

One-Way from San Fran to Chile- $1200 business class. I live in the SF area, so I am very interested in the last leg of the sailing.

Decisions...Decisions :D Legs #1 and #3 are so appealing.

Wonder if any of the past guests code will work for these cruises.

Does anyone know when the segments go on sale? And, I'd be interested in a CC group too! Especially if it means lower prices!!

Next Tuesday, July 10th

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/splendor_southamerica.aspx

Pricing and Reservations

Carnival will begin accepting reservations for Carnival Splendor’s new 14-, 17- and 18-day South America cruises beginning Tuesday, July 10. Prices for the 14-day cruise start at $1,399, the 17-day voyage $1,199, and the 18-day sailing $1,099 per person, based on double occupancy. Special rates for third and fourth guests sailing in the same stateroom, along with round-trip air supplements from a number of North American gateways are also available.

checked a multi city rate on delta (of course it was for 2008 ) but from GRR TO FLL, THEN SFO - SJU AND SJU - GRR WAS AROUND $1200.00

so add that to the $3800.00 then add $490 for tips

and around $3000 for misc.

and another $2000.00 for the Adventure of the seas on the 22 of march. were looking at $10000.00

that's about $167 a day.

OR ABOUT $556 A MONTH and it just so happens my truck payment is over in oct this year and is a 100 less so it could be doable.

except I would need a roommate.at least for the first 49 days.hmmm

Love these itineraries for Carnival. Some different is always good for them. The 17 day sounds good!! But might save up for when the Pride does the Panama Canal in May 2009(a little inside info from my TA).

I find it interesting with all the PVP and TA that claim to have inside info..none had any of the specific details of this cruise.( 3 legs..ending in San Fran) That is why I think they are all just guessing/hoping.

I would love to spend 50 days aboard ship:D

I suddenly think I am going to have to be sick and miss 60 days from work that year.

that way I don't have to use vacation time.

I wonder what "disease" would be appropriate for 60 days off??? I need to "catch" it too.....I have Cape Horn Fever.......:D

Archived