What type of water shoes for cave tubing and hiking?

lives to cruise

I have never owned a pair but I read in a post here that water shoes are the best thing to wear when tubing in Belize.

I am a little concerned because I read that we will be hiking to the caves and I am not sure water shoes can handle a hike.

Can someone please let me know if water shoes will hold up and also maby make suggestions on what brand or type.

TIA

Teva sandals worked fine for me too. My husband used another brand of the walking/water sandals with no problems. Others seemed to get along fine with old tennies or the enclosed type water shoes. It's not a real long or strenuous hike. I just wouldn't wear anything too loose, like flip-flops or Crocs or anything too flimsy.

I wore water shoes, they were fine. People who had the cheapy water shoes gave them to the tour operators after the trip so they could use/loan them to anyone who needed them. They were very glad to have them.

Archived