Sunblock at Stingray City?

pearlygrl9

google it ... i paid 8 for a bottle and they had 15 and 30

also helps agaisnt sea lice and jelly fish ... but i think they are not in the season at this time of year

i used it thru our whole cruise in the ocean ...

My daughter read something about that too, so we almost didn't bring the sunblock. But when we were on the boat, everyone was applying it.....the usual brands, and the tour operators didn't say a thing about not using it. We were on a ship excursion.

Are you asking is it required? Sounds like probably not. But if you're asking is it preferable? I'm certainly not an expert, but I believe it is the oil-based products which don't break down that cause concern about being damaging to the reefs and marine life. Stingray City/Sandbar seems like an awful lot of people in a small area. So is it damaging? I wouldn't be surprised.

Putting your product on long before you hit the snorkel/dive boat so it has a chance to be absorbed and not just slick off into the water probably helps a little. Or wearing a rash guard instead. When I searched the internet using the words "biodegradable" and " eco-friendly" I found quite a few products. So if every little bit helps .........

Archived