Recent Destiny Cruisers...

ShanteS

OK, I asked this question earlier this morning on the huge Destiny thred but no one replied. :( So now I'm asking it here. I'll be sailing soon ( :) ) and I was wondering if they had a sailaway party on the Destiny as we're leaving SJ, PR?

I remember the sailaway party on the Holiday and it was soooooooo much fun. I can't remember if there was one on the Miracle or not. If there was I must've missed it or it wasn't that exciting seeing as how I don't remember. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. :)

OK, I asked this question earlier this morning on the huge Destiny thred but no one replied. :( So now I'm asking it here. I'll be sailing soon ( :) ) and I was wondering if they had a sailaway party on the Destiny as we're leaving SJ, PR?

I remember the sailaway party on the Holiday and it was soooooooo much fun. I can't remember if there was one on the Miracle or not. If there was I must've missed it or it wasn't that exciting seeing as how I don't remember. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. :)

We sailed 6/10-6/17 on the Destiny. We watched the sail away from our balcony. But, there was some form of riot going on up on the pool deck which DW and I pointedly ignored. It reminded me of frat parties at college and just wasn't for us. If you like music so loud that you can't hear yourself think, lots of drinking and food and drinks flying about (yes, wear your bathing suit since I saw a lot of drinks sloshing around) then maybe you'll like this. From the looks on many of their faces, I think quite a few of those people were not going to remember much of their sail-away by the time they made it to bed.

One of the many reasons why we get balconies. Chatting nice and quietly with the people on the balconies on either side of us was a significantly more pleasant way to sail away than bad memories of college.

I'll be sailing soon ( :) )

Hi Shante,

I can't help you with your question as we have not sailed the Destiny (YET ;) ), but just wanted to say hi as we are sailing a month behind you and are REALLY excited.

I hope you have a blast and can't wait to hear how your trip went when you get back.

Bobol

We sailed 6/10-6/17 on the Destiny. We watched the sail away from our balcony. But, there was some form of riot going on up on the pool deck which DW and I pointedly ignored. It reminded me of frat parties at college and just wasn't for us. If you like music so loud that you can't hear yourself think, lots of drinking and food and drinks flying about (yes, wear your bathing suit since I saw a lot of drinks sloshing around) then maybe you'll like this. From the looks on many of their faces, I think quite a few of those people were not going to remember much of their sail-away by the time they made it to bed.

One of the many reasons why we get balconies. Chatting nice and quietly with the people on the balconies on either side of us was a significantly more pleasant way to sail away than bad memories of college.

OK, so I guess that means yes. Good, I love parties. It seems like the one on the Destiny was a little wild though. The one on the Holiday was great. Not boring but not too rowdy either. I think the director or whatever his title was was there hosting everything. They had nice music (reggae/calypso), dancing, etc. etc. It wasn't at all how you described the one on Destiny. I'll be going with a party of 20+ so I know we'll have a good time. We'll just have to get there early enough to get seats for everyone. Thanks for your help. :)

Sailed on the Destiny twice and have another cruise planned on her. I would never miss the sail away party. It is soooo much fun. Lots of music, dancing and people watching. The music was not horrendously loud - I could easily talk to the person beside me. You have to buy your drinks so there was not much wasted at those prices. Everyone seemed to have a great time and getting to see many of the people on your cruise is fun.

wow - dc snoopy had a very diff. experience than we did! there was music and people were drinking, but it wasn't very wild. to the contrary, it seemed like a family friendly event.

From your sig, it looks like you were on her the week after us. Our sail away was 6/10.

It didn't really bother us as we usually don't do the deck party. We really enjoyed the sail away from our balcony. But on a cruise, different strokes for different folks gives everyone a chance to enjoy it their own way. :)

The only way I know there was a deck party is from the video reminder on the TV. :p I know there are many that wish that didn't run constantly thoughout the cruise. :p

We had a party in one of the suites, so missed the festivities. No matter what you want, you will probably find it on Destiny. It is big enough to have something for everyone.

Have fun!

I'm glad to hear the Destiny has a fun sail-away party! I've been on some cruises where it was basically non-existent, and it is a lot more fun to have some music and see people having fun as they kick off their vacation! :)

Yes there is a sail away party, part of the reason its so lively is that it is at 11:00PM as the ship doesn't sail till 10 ish..... It wasn't that wild in May, we had a balcony on the lido deck, that it bothered us in the room..... lotsa folks, lotsa fun......:cool:

I hope everyone has a great time!! We will be sailing Destiny in January so please post your reviews - with all the threads about the sewer smells and the terrible muster drills I'm kinda nervous.:eek:

Oh, I know we will. Each carnival cruise turns out to be more fun than the last, so I'm definitely siked. :) I've seen a lot of people complain of the sewage smells onboard. I've smelled it as well on both ships but it didn't bother me one bit. I assumed it was the norm for cruise ships and kept it moving. I didn't let it bother me and I had a great cruise both times. I think some people just find anything to complain about. Nobodys perfect, we can't expect a big company like Carnival to be either.

As far as the muster drills it's all apart of being on a cruise and it's necessary for our safety. I know its long and drawn out but afterwards I can drink/eat/party or do whatever my heart desires. Just roll with the punches and don't sweat the small stuff. Everything will be fine and I promise you'll enjoy yourself. :)

Oh, I know we will. Each carnival cruise turns out to be more fun than the last, so I'm definitely siked. :) I've seen a lot of people complain of the sewage smells onboard. I've smelled it as well on both ships but it didn't bother me one bit. I assumed it was the norm for cruise ships and kept it moving. I didn't let it bother me and I had a great cruise both times. I think some people just find anything to complain about. Nobodys perfect, we can't expect a big company like Carnival to be either.

As far as the muster drills it's all apart of being on a cruise and it's necessary for our safety. I know its long and drawn out but afterwards I can drink/eat/party or do whatever my heart desires. Just roll with the punches and don't sweat the small stuff. Everything will be fine and I promise you'll enjoy yourself. :)

Thanks!! I try not to let the negative cloud my excitement and usually I do just roll with the punches - we've vacationed with 3 children many times. This will be our first without kids in 17 years and our first cruise so I am a little nervous about trying a cruise.

Thanks!! I try not to let the negative cloud my excitement and usually I do just roll with the punches - we've vacationed with 3 children many times. This will be our first without kids in 17 years and our first cruise so I am a little nervous about trying a cruise.

You're welcome. The smell wasn't constant. Sometimes you'd smell it in a corridor or something but I never smelled it in any of my cabins (crosses fingers). You'll have fun. It's kinda hard not to, Carnival always has so much planned. And even if you don't really do the activities it's nice to just relax and get away from life for a couple of days. :)

Archived