Best Souvenirs?

EmmaWoodhouse

We wanted something that was original to Alaska. We chose a carved Caibou antler. They have them everywhere with a wide range of pricing. We got ours in Juneau in a shop that was locally owned. They have a book showing many different styles and are made by a family that lives in Juneau. I also got a pendant od Quartz with a gold view running through it. Again, I looked in many stores until i found one who gave me a certificate of authenticity and explained the quality.

Out of curiosity-- what's the best souvenir you've picked up on an Alaska trip, and where did you get it?

a hand make glass necklace by local artist in Ketchikan for my DW. I forgot name of the store though.

Alaskan photo album...beige in color with a map engraved on it. I really regret not buying the beautiful blue scrapbook album. (I don't normal scrapbook, but now I REALLY wish I would have bought the scrapbook.)

Ulu knives ~very useful!!! Ulu Factory brand and other 'handmade' ulus. I'd like one from Eagle River Knife Company, someday...

PHOTOS ~relive the memories! My next cruise 'souvenir' is going to be a NICE camera to take with us in order to bring back better souvenir photos.

Alaskan Jams/Jellies ~wonderful unique flavors!

Something I still want, an item from here-

http://www.qiviut.com/store/index.cfm?target=home

I purchased a Russian nesting doll set... finally put it away after tiring of dusting.

I purchased small gold nugget earrings in Carcross. Was wearing them when I noticed I wasn't wearing them, I was wearing one! There is a Klondike nugget somewhere lying around in Oklahoma... and one lonesome one lying around here useless.

I have a few more useless odd - n - ends hanging around from our first 2 trips. Our third trip (May), I only made one purchase - a t-shirt. It is a nice conversation starter. Otherwise, no more stuff in my already stuffed house!!!:)

Archived