Questions about the new Century sky suites

der93711

We are planning a cruise on the Century and would like to book a Sky Suite on the Sports deck.....are all the SS suites there the same? What locations are the best? Do some of the suites have jetted tubs? Is the deck above these suites open for early morning joggers making for a noisy room? Are all the suites renovated or just the new suite additions to the desk?

Thanks

Der:)

Our extended family sailed on Century this past Easter and we occupied 5 Sky Suites on Sports Deck. We had Cabins 12112, 1218, 1220, 1222, and 1230. The cabins had not been renovated (actually, thinking back, my sister's SS 1230 may have been one of the new ones, but I can't remember). Anyway, the cabins really didn't need renovation; they were just fine the way they were. They all had jetted bathtubs. The balcony is HUGE. There were flat screen TV's. As far as jogging overhead, yes, we were awaked almost every morning around 6:30 a.m. by somebody running. It was loud enough to wake us from a sound sleep. The second morning it happened, I went by the Purser's Desk and asked if joggers were allowed to jog that early. I was told they weren't allowed to jog on that deck above the SS at all; there is a sign stating that. The jogging track is in the forward part of the ship. The lovely girl at the Purser's Desk (I think her name was Christine, she was very nice) told me next time it happens, to call Guest Relations and they would send someone up. However, the next morning when it happened, by the time I heard it, woke up enough to gather my thoughts and were about ready to call, it stopped, so I didn't bother calling. Then we didn't hear it the last day or so of the cruise.

That would not stop me from booking a SS in that location again. It was a great location.

As far as jogging overhead, yes, we were awaked almost every morning around 6:30 a.m. by somebody running. It was loud enough to wake us from a sound sleep. The second morning it happened, I went by the Purser's Desk and asked if joggers were allowed to jog that early. I was told they weren't allowed to jog on that deck above the SS at all; there is a sign stating that. The jogging track is in the forward part of the ship. The lovely girl at the Purser's Desk (I think her name was Christine, she was very nice) told me next time it happens, to call Guest Relations and they would send someone up. However, the next morning when it happened, by the time I heard it, woke up enough to gather my thoughts and were about ready to call, it stopped, so I didn't bother calling. Then we didn't hear it the last day or so of the cruise.

That would not stop me from booking a SS in that location again. It was a great location.

We had this happened to us with our SS on the Mercury. I am not a "Morning Person" so on the second the lap I got up and got dressed and when the guy came around again I stopped him and told the jogging track was down one level. He apologized and moved to the jogging track.

There is a sign but it is pretty small and I think people like the view better.

Anyway, as long as you are fairly nice about it and I told him that there are staterooms right below and it was very loud. We didn't have a problem again. :)

Archived