Atlanta - BWI : grandeur : please calm us down

Hi there,

We will be flying to Baltimore using Delta Airlines. Our flight is intercontinental ( we are from Belgium ). We fly from Brussels to Atlanta and then in Atlanta we have to take another delta - plane to BWI.

We only have 1.5 hours to catch our plane in Atlanta and it seems that we have to
[list]
[*]get into the States ( passport control, picture taken, fingerprints taken,... )
[*]get our luggage
[*]get past customs
[*]check in again
[*]go to boarding
[/list]I am afraid 1.5 hours will not be enough.

Is the Atlanta airport big ?
Do you think we will be OK ?
Will our connecting flight wait ?
Any advice ?

thanks !
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hi!

Take a deep breath! I fly through Atlanta on Delta and go through customs there quite often. It is a huge airport, but most of the time - very organized. I've never had any problems, but I am an American. It just depends on the time you come through.

You will come into E concourse which is the International concourse. More than likely you will need to go another concourse, but the trains that take you there are quite fast and efficient. If it looks like you are going to cut it close, tell the ticket agent when you recheck your bags - they can notify the gate to let them know you are on the way.

When are you sailing on the Grandeur? I am sailing on Sept. 24th.

Good luck to you. I hope all goes well.

I agree with the above poster. Atlanta is very good about moving people. The airport has a train system that speeds you between terminals. One suggestion I would add is to have the phone number to the cruise line handy in the event you have a problem on the day of your cruise travel. In the US, it's a toll-free number you can call from any phone. The number is 1-800-256-6649. It's hours of operation are:

Monday-Friday, 9am to 8pm
Saturday-Sunday, 9am to 7pm

The only other suggestion I would have, if possible, is to come into Atlanta a day early and stay overnight at an airport hotel. There are several and many have free transportation from the airport. Then, the next morning fly up to Baltimore.

Enjoy your cruise!

We've flown through Atlanta-Hartsfield many times and it can be confusing. Here's a link to the website which may help you with some of your questions regarding terminals and transportation between them. :)

[url="http://www.atlanta-airport.com/"]http://www.atlanta-airport.com/[/url]

Atlanta is the US's second busiest airport, and one of the largest, second only to Chicago I think, so it is capable of handling international transfers with ease.

1.5 hrs is plenty of time. since you are connecting on Delta, they likely have a connection desk near immigration, so that you don't have to check in with the masses out front. Again, since you are on Delta throughout, you can be sure that they will expect you on the connecting flight, and you can certainly ask for their help in holding a flight, or helping to get you to your next one, should you need any help.

Archived