Mediterranean on Galaxy - June '08, Your Thoughts?

ELJCruiser

I assure you on the 6/1/07 trip the Galaxy was having prop problems.

This affected the cabins in the rear of the boat. I heard two people in a row ask to sleep in the lobby. Glasses in the dining room sing.

The cabin we were moved to the couple left the ship for some unknown reason. Celebrity has a huge lawsuit against the manufacturer of the pods.

For this reason I would stay away from the rear.

Housekeeping was also an issue we found dirty diapers and underwear left over from the former occupants.

Tiles were missing on the 6/1/07 cruise (many) in the pool area and we will post pictures.

Being an hour late leaving would not be a problem if you didn't have an early plane to catch (we did)

Food was excellent as was the service in the dining room.

Information from the front desk was not good so be sure to look up any information you need before you leave.

Beginning of June is perfect. Weather is nice, not many crowds.

The ports on the Galaxy as great and also the amount of time spent on land. If you look at some other lines they leave at 1 PM, just when you start getting to know the town. Good walking shoes are a must.

I also was on Princess and they seem to have more pool music and the food was good but the Celebrity had better food and midnight buffet.

We did the Princess to Mexico so it's hard to compare but as far as the actual ship, the Princess ship was in better shape.

This affected the cabins in the rear of the boat. I heard two people in a row ask to sleep in the lobby. Glasses in the dining room sing.

The cabin we were moved to the couple left the ship for some unknown reason. Celebrity has a huge lawsuit against the manufacturer of the pods.

You do know that Galaxy does NOT have pods, right? The lawsuit has to do with Millennium-class vessels which do have the pods.

It's no secret that Century, Galaxy and Mercury have issues with vibrations (especially when maneuvering into and out of port) at their aft ends. The dining room can get quite noisy with all the stem- and silverware clinking together on the tables. This has been a known issue since Century was delivered over ten years ago.

I didn't say the Galaxy had pods.

So you interjected the pod lawsuit bit (sandwiched between phrases mentioning Galaxy and issues specific to Galaxy), which has absolutely nothing to do with Galaxy, in this thread titled "Mediterranean on Galaxy..." because?

Archived