Considering Explorer of the Seas 6/08 Have questions

We just returned from the Carnival Miracle and found the ship overall to be very nice. We were 3 in a suite which had plenty of room and storeage--separate bedroom, a small dressing room which could be closed off from the bedroom and bathroom. and the bathroom had 2 sinks and whirlpool tub. And there was tons of storeage--3 closets and shelf and drawer space galore.

Has anyone stayed in the junior suite on the EOS and if so can you provide details of that?

I am reading from some that EOS is beginning to show signs of age--what does that mean--just not as modern as some others or stains, torn carpeting, beat up furniture.?

It is possible our 20 year old son would make the trip with us--is this a proper ship for him? Would there be enough to do and while every cruise is different does this ship attract young adults of that age?

Finally, I am reading that some of the shows for late seating are at 7PM. One of the reasons we like late seating is so that we can leisurely prepare for dinner, not have to rush back to the ship or just relax before dinner. 7PM shows would somewhat cancel that out. Those having late dinner, did you find this much of an inconvenience?

Thany you all.:)

Ship is just showing its age as it has been sailing over 7 years. It has all the modern conviences like the Miracle and then some. Your 20 year old will be fine as you are looking to go in the summer, so there should be people his age. He wont be able to drink, but he can get into the club. I didnt find the times of the shows to be an inconvience when we had late dining. the ship leaves well before the show even starts, so you have at least an hour before they start to get ready. An hour to dress should be plenty of time.

I think you will find the Explorer wonderful. Both of my sons cruised with us last summer and at ages 23 and 21, had a fabulous time. Remember showing its wear doesn't mean that everything is ripped or torn. I have seen them replacing areas of carpet and cleaning continually. Go for it.............I don't think you'll be sorry.

I too believe the Explorer is a fantastic ship! We sailed on her in 2006 and she was absolutely beautiful! This will be our first trip in June on her in 2008 as well and we are all looking forward to Bermuda and the Caribbean!!

Have a great trip whichever ship you choose!! clap3.gif

I did Miracle last August and Explorer this June. It's hard to compare the two because I think they're two very different ships. I definately so some wear on Explorer that I didn't see on Miracle. I personally think Miracle is a beautiful ship. That being said, I would go on Explorer again before Miracle. There were some things I thought Carnival did better, but I thought there was more to do on Explorer. Overall I had a better time.

Archived