Cork / Blarney Castle

Is there a way to get to Blarney Castle diretly from Cork or Cohb without taking a ships excursion? I was wondering is there was a bus or shuttle from the city?

All of the excursions we've looked at for Blarney go other places and leave no time to see Cork.

Anne

Is there a way to get to Blarney Castle diretly from Cork or Cohb without taking a ships excursion? I was wondering is there was a bus or shuttle from the city?

All of the excursions we've looked at for Blarney go other places and leave no time to see Cork.

Anne

I think you need to kiss the stone regards

Everyone I know tells me I'm full of Blarney already :p , But then again... how could I go there without kissing the stone ;)

While at the Castle I'm more interested in visiting Rock Close however

http://www.blarneycastle.ie/pages/rock

Anne ......Whose Grandmother was from Kilarney

I think you need to kiss the stone regards

They can arrange a private tour for you. Just contact them on their website. Our tour isn't until September so I can't comment on the tour. They are very quick to respond to emails.

Thank you, I checked out the link & bookmarked it. It looks great :D Do you know if they will customize the tour, I would love some time to see some of Cork? I really want to visit the English Market.

Anne

I believe if you are taking a large enough group for a bus they will accomodate your requests. We were at the castle before the other groups got there and had no waiting. They were wonderful and I would highly recommend them.

Anne

The train takes you from the ship to Cork, ,http://www.irishrail.ie,, short walk to the Main Bus station,follow the crowd,Blarney bus stop outside Dunns departmental store,side of the road, not in the terminus, buy your return ticket of the driver.

Take the 8.45 train,bus @10.15,did this trip recently,much better than Rccl.

check with bus operator for return journey,trains from Cork to Cobh on the hour

We were at Blarney on Wednesday.....

I'd strongly recommend Blarney House too. But make sure that you leave time to do the house and get back to the castle via the little gate (you'll know what I mean when you walk to the castle) before 4.00 otherwise you'll have to walk the (very) long way round.

The English Market at Cork is impressive, but as you can't buy anything then I'm not sure I'd make a detour to visit it - you're basically looking at food.

Cork city centre is currently suffering a lot of roadworks.

You might want to consider Kinsale instead - it's a wonderful little port.

Matthew

Archived