NASCAR on the Wind?

cruisewithus

I am on the Wind from Sept 1st-12th. Am I going to be able to watch the races on the 5th and 11th? I am a huge NASCAR fan and the race that is on the 11th is in Richmond which I have had season tickets at for the past 5 yrs. It is only an hour and a half from my house.

The race on the 5th is 7 pm on NBC from California Speedway and the 11th is Richmond at 7pm on TNT. If this helps anyone that has been on the Wind to answer the question.

We too are Nascar fans and on our recent Dawn cruise my husband was happy that he didn't miss any races b/c it fell between the summer Daytona race and the one in Chicagoland. We have missed races on other cruises in the past usually when the race is on FX or TNT.

Richmond is a great place to see a race live and in person. We saw one there once. We live about 45 minutes from Pocono - of course on a race day we live 4 hours from Pocono!!

I too am a big Nascar fan. Go Dale Jr. Hence the name Junior Cruiser :). The funny thing that happened to me is last year on the Dawn the race was on the night before we left and guess what the same thing is happening again when we sail on the Dawn on Sept 12. I swear i didn't plan it this way. Just thought i'd share. Happy Cruising :)

~~Debbie~~

I am on the Wind from Sept 1st-12th. Am I going to be able to watch the races on the 5th and 11th? I am a huge NASCAR fan and the race that is on the 11th is in Richmond which I have had season tickets at for the past 5 yrs. It is only an hour and a half from my house.

I am not sure what channels the Wind carries but the Dawn and the Crown had TNT. I would guess the Wind has the same. That will help for the 11th.

NCL tried a NASCAR cruise once but it did not work. The ship keep turning left and never got to a single port. :D

Cruisewithus,

You will be getting off of the WIND on the morning (Hawaiian time) of Sept. 11th......so, watching that race on the 11th will have to be done somewhere other than the ship. The reason I know this...is that I am getting on the WIND on Sept. 11th to begin my cruise!!!!

Have fun and I hope you get to watch all of the races, no matter where you are!

Archived