Carnival Splendor - South America - Will we need VISAS?

Kims Aunt

Carnival had given us visa's (little slips of pre printed paper) on the ship as we exited (pass) on or prior trips to South America.

Remember Caracus (sp) Ven. was a blue one about the size of a social security card.

MikeM

AP

In Turkey we needed a Visa, but they handled that for us. We just had to take the landing card, and turn it back in.

I would assume that they will handle that like they did in Turkey.

Since their sister lines go to South America they should know what is needed.

In Turkey we needed a Visa, but they handled that for us. We just had to take the landing card, and turn it back in.

I would assume that they will handle that like they did in Turkey.

Since their sister lines go to South America they should know what is needed.

Check out this thread from Chexmix..they might see this post and add the same info

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=10786369&postcount=24

I hope this isn't a dumb question...but, why do you need a Visa if you already have a passport...I thought Visa's were for obtaining work out of your own country....let's put this under the catagory that "No question is a dumb question"...just in case. Thanks

the visa for brazil is $100 per person for US citizens plus a $10 processing fee if you mail it in. If you are flying out of Argentina, US citizens must pay a $20 tax to leave the country. There are also other forms you have to fill out for travelling with a minor that is not your child into Argentina.

Brazilian Tourism office: 1(800)727-2945, http://www.braziltourism.org, http://www.brazilemb.org

I hope this isn't a dumb question...but, why do you need a Visa if you already have a passport...I thought Visa's were for obtaining work out of your own country....let's put this under the catagory that "No question is a dumb question"...just in case. Thanks

Two totally different animals, visas are required by many countries before you can enter, you would need a passport as well. Countries like Russia still require them and they have to be purchased in advance - they can check you out before you show up, remnants of the cold ware, and a way to extract additional $$$ out of you.

Archived