Charley left us with no power for 4 days and I have to catch up here!

dotcruiser

We JUST got our power turned on about an hour ago and I couldn't wait to get back on track with you all. I love this site and missed it. We went thru alot but I know lots others didn't do so well. Good luck to all of them and I hope everyone gets their homes restored and back to normal. I will pray for all of us to get back. We live between Orlando and Daytona Beach and we got it smack in the middle. Scarry, but we only have to replace our sunroom ceiling (some of it) Lots of trees down. Good luck all!

Geesh! 4 days! I am glad you have your power and internet back.

I was so lucky only to have mine down for 14 hours. My parents were down for 3 days. Yet we are lucky - we still have our roof. Many do not. School is closed until sometime next week - So companies need the adults to be at work, but the normal childcare was not available. (No school, no preschool, no judo etc.) Fortunately, the science center just started a program for kids of K-6th grade. That will keep them off the streets, but I am still concerned over the throusands of bored, uncomfortable teens with nothing to do. Parents are at work and younger siblings can do the science center. But without video games, without airconditioning, without TV etc - what it a teenager to do?

Orange County (where Orlando is) is scheduled to go back to school on the 24th. Knowing the condition of some of the buildings, I think there will have to be some adjustments made.

I realize how grateful I am for the years without significant tropical storms in this part of the world. I hope our good luck returns quickly.

Glad your power is back on- we got ours back about 3pm yestersay also-woohooo

Very hot, esp at night..but we had little damage thank God!

We live in a suburb of Orlando and our whole neighborhood has a lot of uprooted trees.

No school for Seminole county til Mon and Orange later in the week....

Got a lot of catching up to do--

glad all are safe!

Archived