Wine and the new Passenger Contract

sonomaphil

A new Passenger Contract has been posted at Princess. I still makes NO mention of any limit or restriction to bringing wine on board at embarkation.

From the Passenger Contract dated 07/07:

"Passengers hereby agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind (except wine and champagne) on board for consumption. You must surrender alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship’s gift shop, or at ports

of call, to Carrier for safekeeping, which will be delivered to Your stateroom on the last day of the voyage. A corkage fee of $15.00 per bottle (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to wine and champagne brought aboard by You and consumed in the ship’s restaurants."

Good news all around for those who like to bring their own wine and champagne onboard with them. We've read about other cruiselines who are starting to be more restrictive with this policy.

Thanks for posting,

:)

That does it for me too. I enjoy wine not only with dinner but in my Cabin before dinner... Plus of course enjoy bringing wine of my choice....

NCL was the worst(also the worst line overall).... they made you pay a corkage fee just to bring wine aboard and not necessarily bring to the dining room. A corkage fee without it being corked:confused: I should have called the Maitre'D to my cabin to uncork it...LOL

CuriousCat

PS Sonomaphil.... I'm sure hailing from wine country it's tres importante for you.

Thank you sonomaphil: Do you know if there is a site that lists the wine that can be bought in the dining room? If they have the wine we like it will save us bringing it on board.

Thank you:)

Here's a thread for last May all about what's on the Princess wine list.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=557282&highlight=wine+list

Here's a thread for last May all about what's on the Princess wine list.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?

t=557282&highlight=wine+list

Wine list=Ho Hum :cool:

I'm going on the Emerald Princess and they say the Wine Bar has a better selection... Hope so... but they did have a Duckhorn and Brunello...it probably isn't a 2001 Brunello either.

CuriousCat

Wine list=Ho Hum :cool:

I'm going on the Emerald Princess and they say the Wine Bar has a better selection... Hope so... but they did have a Duckhorn and Brunello...it probably isn't a 2001 Brunello either.

CuriousCat

There are some great bargains on the list...if you know retail pricing!

A new Passenger Contract has been posted at Princess. I still makes NO mention of any limit or restriction to bringing wine on board at embarkation.

From the Passenger Contract dated 07/07:

"Passengers hereby agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind (except wine and champagne) on board for consumption. You must surrender alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship’s gift shop, or at ports

of call, to Carrier for safekeeping, which will be delivered to Your stateroom on the last day of the voyage. A corkage fee of $15.00 per bottle (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to wine and champagne brought aboard by You and consumed in the ship’s restaurants."

Not that I am a beer beveridge guy. But, I always wondered why wine was allowed but not beer. Just curious.

By the way, I found a great bottle of Zefiro Prosecco from Conegliano, Veneto. I am anxious to try it this evening

I always bring my cheap box wine from shore to share with my casually dressed friends in the dining room on formal nights. Princess doesn't even charge me a de-corkage fee. ;)
Now there is a way to get around the corkage fee.

Some wineries are starting to go with twist caps. That too would save you $15.00. ;)

Even though we enjoyed our cruise with RCCL....with their policy on NO WINE NOT being allowed to be brought on the ship.....that is why we have since cruised with other lines.

Not that we drink a lot...but having a glass of wine to enjoy during your own cocktail hour...in your own cabin is very nice!

We are very happy that Princess has not gone toward that route as some other cruise lines have done recently by stopping wine being brought on board the ship.

Even though we enjoyed our cruise with RCCL....with their policy on NO WINE NOT being allowed to be brought on the ship.....that is why we have since cruised with other lines.

Not that we drink a lot...but having a glass of wine to enjoy during your own cocktail hour...in your own cabin is very nice!

We are very happy that Princess has not gone toward that route as some other cruise lines have done recently by stopping wine being brought on board the ship.

That is why I booked our next cruise on Princess. I also enjoy a glass of wine on my balcony before dinner and before bed-time. This was a major

factor for me choosing Princess this time around. Hopefully, it will be the start of a great relationship! :)

Some of the "box" wines are getting pretty ritzy ya know. We like Delicato Shiraz and just before our last cruise found it in box form at Longs. We definitely enjoyed our glasses of wine in the room and carried out for our midnight deck walks!:D

Just bring your wine and your corkscrew and away you go .... no corkage fee. If you go to the dining room or bars you pay their prices which is fine but in your cabin you have your own supply.

So my question is can you bring wine on board for consumption in your room? If so, does the your cabin steward open it for you and its there the 10.00 fee. Thanks.
Ask your steward for a corkscrew if you want to open a bottle in your cabin. They'll provide one and might even let you take it home with you.

Corkage is not a charge for pulling a cork. It's a charge for the total service and that includes glassware, pouring, etc. Any place that allows patrons to bring their own wine or liquor will have some sort of corkage charge - if you've ever arranged a big event at a hotel or catered facility, you will usually find a corkage charge in the contract. It's there to cover the staff and equipment costs.

Archived