Book Solstice now or later?

LynandBill

We were thinking of booking the Solstice March 8,2009 cruise, but we will be on the Millennium on January 27th, 2008. Should we wait and get the shipboard credit for booking onboard or book now? Also, we always like to look at pictures (webshots) of the exterior of a ship before we book to determine if we like certain balconies. In doing this we have less chance of a surprise (angled balcony, over hang, etc.) Can't do that with a drawing. Advice or comments?

Thanks,

Bill and Lyn

Celebrity Millenium 1/2008

Crown Princess 9/2007

Caribbean Princess 1/2007

Empress of the Seas 7/2006

Brilliance of the Seas 1/2006

Celebrity Summit 1/2005

Carnival Triumph 8/2004

Celebrity Constellation 1/2004

Explorer of the Seas 2/2002

Grand Princess 11/1999

Granduer of the Seas 11/1997

Granduer of the Seas 12/1996

Majesty of the Seas 12/1994

Majesty of the Seas 8/1994

Sovereign of the Seas 8/1992

Prices have gone up since Captain's club bookings ended. You take your chances on prices and cabin availability if you wait until your cruise and since onboard credits aren't that great anymore unless you are booking a very expensive cabin - well I would book now. (Celebrity recently changed their onboard booking policy - see this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=531352&highlight=onboard+booking.)

We were thinking of booking the Solstice March 8,2009 cruise, but we will be on the Millennium on January 27th, 2008. Should we wait and get the shipboard credit for booking onboard or book now? Also, we always like to look at pictures (webshots) of the exterior of a ship before we book to determine if we like certain balconies. In doing this we have less chance of a surprise (angled balcony, over hang, etc.) Can't do that with a drawing. Advice or comments?

Thanks,

Bill and Lyn

Hi Bill & Lyn !

I would book now, as Solstice's demand is likely to be strong. Also, as Hajekfam has mentioned, the new booking onboard program is a waste, unless you are booking a VERY expensive Cruise. Unless this is the case, there is no real benefit to booking onboard any longer.

We previously booked onboard all the time. Unless Celebrity returns to the old program, we will no longer be tying up our money for such a small benefit. With the huge competition out there, you would think Celebrity would be willing to have the onboard Credits to keep a loyal Celebrity customer happy and retain their business. Unfortunately, loyalty does not appear to be big concern for Celebrity, and that is disappointing.

Hi Bill & Lyn !

I would book now, as Solstice's demand is likely to be strong. Also, as Hajekfam has mentioned, the new booking onboard program is a waste, unless you are booking a VERY expensive Cruise. Unless this is the case, there is no real benefit to booking onboard any longer.

We previously booked onboard all the time. Unless Celebrity returns to the old program, we will no longer be tying up our money for such a small benefit. With the huge competition out there, you would think Celebrity would be willing to have the onboard Credits to keep a loyal Celebrity customer happy and retain their business. Unfortunately, loyalty does not appear to be big concern for Celebrity, and that is disappointing.

Hi Andy,

That sounds like a good plan. Our only concern is picking a balcony stateroom before we can see a real picture of the outside of the ship. You can learn so much from that picture. We are planning on concierge class, not sure about aqua class(don't know much about it). Hoping to book soon!

Thanks,

Bill and Lyn

Hi Andy,

That sounds like a good plan. Our only concern is picking a balcony stateroom before we can see a real picture of the outside of the ship. You can learn so much from that picture. We are planning on concierge class, not sure about aqua class(don't know much about it). Hoping to book soon!

Thanks,

Bill and Lyn

Hi Bill & Lyn !

I wouldnt worry about it too much. I am confident most all of the cabins will be wonderful. I also picked Concierge Class for the Inauguaral sailing on 12/14/08. While I cant be positive that I picked a great spot, I opted to go slightly forward of the hump, near midship, Sky Deck. All I can do is hope for the best, but I am sure it will be great. Me ? I will be thrilled just to be onboard Solstice !

Good luck, and enjoy your Cruise !

Archived