Capt. Marvin's or Capt. Bryans?

walkerfamily

This is our first cruise and will be in Cayman for a short time. We really want to do the Sting Rays but are not sure which to use Captain Marvins or Captain Bryans. If our boat arrives in dock at 7:00 can we make a 8:30 trip? Thanks for any advice.

We will be on The Inspiration and we should be in Cayman on 7/18

We have the question. I think it might be difficult to make the 8:00 o'clock time. I think we'll book the 10:30 to 1:30 time.

We were on the Conquest last week. I definitely would go with Capt. Bryan's. We did their stingray/snorkel on Thursday. We were on the Hannibal catamaran. The boat was beautiful and the crew was superb. There were only 9...yes I said 9 of us on the boat. Compared to the other boats at the reef/sandbar, they all had 50-100 people each. The crew gave us soooo much attention and we held, kissed, and fed dozens of stingrays. On of the guides also found me a moray eel while snorkeling. He enticed it out and it came right up to me....even a little too close for me. That was the most wonderful day I have ever had on a cruise. It was very relaxing and enjoyable.

We also used Cap't Bryan' on the hannibal and had a great time... we were the first of about ten people there, we left, then came back for a couple that was a little late. Just make sure you are up early and on one of the first tenders... you should be fine. have a great time! :)

We always use Captain Marvins. You might email both of them and see what time works. Since you're going to be there in the summer, ship time and island time might be different.

The first time we visited GC, we were on the Triumph. We were there on New Year's Day and ship time and island time were the same. But Grand Cayman doesn't observe Daylight Savings. I don't know if the Inspiration will change their clocks to match island time or not...The Triumph stayed on ship time.

Does the Hannibal sting ray and coral reef tour leave you at coral reef? Or do they take you back to the cruise or 7-mile beach?

I saw a similar excursion from nativeway that transports you back to either the cruiseship or 7 mile beach - your choice.

Never been on Capt Bryan, but we went with Captain Marvin himself in Jan. 2005. The ABSOLUTE BEST SNORKELING TRIP OF MY LIFE!!!!

We had the sting rays, the moray eel (yikes those scary teeth!!!!), and a sand shark. One of the guides actually coxed the sand shark out of the reef and turned him over and tickled his belly!!!

You need to spring the money for their professional video. Yes I have an underwater camera, but it will never duplicate the memories that wonderful video gave us. The sting rays were even somewhat of a let down after the daring adventure of the eel and the shark!!!

We didn't have just 9 people, but we were probably under 20, and this was a New Years Cruise, so it was prime season for the Caribbean with tons of kids out of school. (Our group alone was 13 - with all my nieces and nephews!)

Archived