Ice Tea at Dinner on Mariner?

doodle60

I read a blog that stated ice tea was not available for dinner on the Mariner? Only water for free? Is this true?:)

Also that you need a photo ID as well as Set Sail Pass when departing the ship at Ports of Call??

I would have to say that who ever was told that there was no iced tea in the dining room had a lazy assistant waiter. Iced tea has been available on every RCCL ship we have been on... and at all meals in the dining room and windjammer. There was one time when they ran out of iced tea at the end of the week... but I have never heard of none for the week.

As for picture ID being required. We last sailed in March and we did not need anything but our sea pass. Things may have changed... it is a good idea to have some sort of picture ID with you anyway when you go to a port city. ( picture ID is never required for children under 16)

Ice tea is available everywhere, and for free. As for the photo ID, you are always told to take a photo ID with you when you get off the ship. Some ports have security personnel that will examine both your sea pass and your photo ID and if you don't have the ID, they won't let you pass through to the ship.

I am glad to hear that iced tea should be available when we cruise in September. However, being from the south we always drink our iced tea sweet. Is the iced tea that is served unsweet and one must add the sugar themselves or is iced tea already sweetened a choice?

THANKS!

You must add sugar, it is unsweetened. Don't think they have ice tea spoons but you can use a knife to stir the sugar!

And yes you need a photo ID along with ship's. They take your picture for the ship's ID but can only see it as you get back on board the ship, not when they let you back on the pier before you get on the ship as in some ports.

I am glad to hear that iced tea should be available when we cruise in September. However, being from the south we always drink our iced tea sweet. Is the iced tea that is served unsweet and one must add the sugar themselves or is iced tea already sweetened a choice?

THANKS!

If you want true southern sweet tea you may not be delighted with the RCCL tea. It's tough to get enough sugar to dissolve in the already cold tea. My tea-loving southern hubby finally gave up and elected to drink the lemonade! :D Both tea and lemonade are free.

Cheryl

It isn't the cruiseline that needs to see your photo ID (i.e., driver's license/passport)..... You swipe your ship's card as you leave the ship and again when you reboard.

In some of the ports, MX as an example, the local officials require seeing both your ship's card and a photo ID before allowing you back to the boarding area when leaving MX. They have guns. Do not argue with them.:D

You could take the very fine sugar that disolves easily with you in a zip lock bag. I used to get that sugar when I was a sweet tea drinker. (Now I like it unsweetened!)

Bonnie, that's a great idea! Thanks for sharing that.

You don't think I'll have any problems carrying around a baggie with a white powdery substance do you??? :eek: Just kidding...I think I have too many police officers in my family to think normally any more. :)

Cheryl

Archived