Use CAUTION when using your next cruise res number

I just called RCCL Crown And Anchor desk to ask how the onboard credit works for my upcoming Mariner sailing. I gave the lady my res number and she told me that I had NO onboard credit, she got hostile right away, and I simply asked to speak to a Supervisor in a nice, easy tone...Well she hung up on me.

I called back right away and was extremely upset, to where I was almost shaking, I have been sailing RCCL for a while now, and this was officialy the worst I had been treated by someone who wears a RCCL ID. Some nice man answered the phone and transfered me to his Supervisor right away. I gave her my res number and of course told her I cant believe how I was just treated for such a simple question, she looked at my res and the person who originally booked the reservation did it wrong. Insted of using the booking number I got onboard my last cruise he created a whole new booking and transfered the funds over from the orginal reservation. Had I not called I would have not got the onboard credit, and she still has to take it to the higher ups and figure out how to fix it. All I am saying is make sure the bookings are made correctly when you call to use your next cruise reservation number.

Tim

That is one reason why I use Charlie to book all my cruise and/or train trips. (He's my travel agent).

My sister and I are well established customers of his so we know if we have a problem he will go out of his way to fix it and that is what keeps us going back to him, time and time again.

That is one reason why I use Charlie to book all my cruise and/or train trips. (He's my travel agent).

Excuse me, but I believe you're missing the point of the original poster. He apparently got the OBC by booking while onboard a current cruise. the OP would need to book onboard and then TRANSFER the booking to Charlie afterward.

We just did that recently by booking the Panama Canal while on AOS. We hopefully got a $200 credit from RCI & then by transferring to our "Charlie" received an additional $400 OBC.

Polodad

"Excuse me" but the poster could have used "Charlie" in the example as Skyking had one of the new "Next Cruise" certificates you can now get on board instead of booking your cruise on board. This certificate allows you to get the same on board credit as you would if you booked your cruise on board. This certifcate can be taken to a "Charlie" and booked with him instead of having to book the cruise yourself.

Tim

Glad you caught the issue now rather than while on ship. Hopefully things get sorted out quickly for you.

That totally sucks about the rep on the phone. Some people!!!

The Supervisor called me back yesterday and told me the OBC had been taken care of, she also told me the agent had been taken of as well (whatever that means) and apologized like crazy to me, which was not what I was looking for, but still you must worry how she treats people with real problems, mine was easy. Just make sure you get your OBC....Thats the moral of this post.

We book onboard and also request a stockholder credit as the date of the cruise gets closer. I always call a few weeks prior to departure date to be sure that my reservation shows my OBC's. We've never had a problem with them not showing on the reservation, but it certainly is easier to check on it before rather than try to prove you're entitled to the OBCs once you're on the ship.

Archived