Dunn's Experts Needed

lovelycruise

Hey guys:

We will be climbing the Falls with the Peat Taylor tour in a couple weeks - Just wondered a few things:

1) If you do not want to climb the falls, is there a cost to get in - how much?

2) If you do not have water shoes, I have heard that you can rent them. How much is the rental?

3) How difficult is it to climb? A person in our group has occassional back problems - will he be ok?

Any info would be FANTASTIC! Thanksssss :)

We were just at the Falls last week. I believe you have to pay to get in whether you climb or not, $12 per person.

We took our own water shoes - you can buy cheap ones for $5 or $6 at Walmart. We ended up wearing them at beaches on other Islands that were rocky. I don't know what they charge to rent them. Some of the rocks are really slippery - I'd feel better if I was in my own shoes. I bought new water shoes for my husband and kids and wore the ones I bought years ago when I lived in San Diego. The soles on mine were slightly worn and I fell twice (didn't get hurt) but if I ever do this again I will take new water shoes.

The falls is a 1000 ft. climb - it was steeper and more treacherous than I had expected. At some places you have to take really big steps up the rocks while the water is rushing down on your feet. It wouldn't recommend it to anyone with any physical problems.

Are you going on a tour? We went with Marva Shaw and she was great, providing lots of information about the Island and it's people. We loved her and will use her again if we go back. She will customize your tour to do whatever you want and she is very reasonable. If you want any information, you can email her and she will answer right back. (Tell her Genia sent you!) She is at www.knowjamaica.com.

Archived