Which port is best for scuba?

lcd901

Have you dived any of the other places listed? Unless you have, how can you possibly say "Without a doubt"?

Really, best in the WORLD? I would have to disagree with that opinion. GCM is good, probably one of the better spots in the Caribbean, but not best in the world.

Your priorities are all messed up if drinking is more important than diving.

OK, enough surliness from me.

IMO, Grand Cayman would be the best choice for the discover scuba dive, no current, excellent visibility, and easy shallow dives. I'd take everyone to www.divetech.com and do their turtle farm shore dive.

The rest of the divers would miss out on some great diving if the skipped Cozumel, so dive there as well. I don't think it is the best place for a discover scuba dive mostly due to the current, but it can be done. If your group is large enough you can charter your own boat, pick the dive sites and determine the schedule. If the whole group needs to stay together, there are some dive operators that do combo dive/snorkel trips. http://www.blueangel-scuba.com/ is one such operator. I think they would also do a private charter.

Belize is more of a challenge for arranging your own dives, so that is why most people who dive there go with the ship's high priced excursion.

Costa Maya -- here it is possible to dive without going thru the ship's over priced excursion. Maya Palms is often mentioned as a possiblity for a mixed group of divers/non-divers.

There, that is my opinion.....

Bruce-r... hhmmmm speechless.. just sitting here shaking my head:cool:

Ahoy,

Quick question - can anyone advise as to which port (Bonaire or St. Kitt) is the better one for snorkeling. And, i'm sorry, one more - Is it better to bring your own gear or renting from the ship?

Thank you and take care,

Sophia

Archived