Cabin 1058 on QE 2

mtbny7

Hi all!

Does anyone know anything about cabin 1058 on QE 2? I've booked this C2 cabin for a voyage next year and would love to know more about it; or see any pics. I certainly do like the "choice" mid-ships One Deck location.

Thanks!

-Michael

PS: I did post this question under someone's cabin inquiry post and got some great responses (thanks guys!) but I figured I try it out on it's own post too... so my apologies to anyone who has read this already and been bored by it!

This might help you out, and your opposite the safety control room

Interesting:) Your plans show it as a cabin with one bed and a sofa. My plans show 2 beds. I wonder which it is or when they changed from one to the other?

1381590555_Deck1copy.jpg.6135dcdf65d5806deb9656f926d3ac1a.jpg

Interesting Your plans show it as a cabin with one bed and a sofa. My plans show 2 beds. I wonder which it is or when they changed from one to the other?

Malcolm,

These plans date from Dec 2000 if thats any help? The brochure does have a few cabins without numbers on the deck plans, I know in the case of 4001 that is now an onboard entertainers cabin;) . Buts its strange as to why they are all right forward . Would have imagined Cunard would have tried to sell these in view of just how busy the ship is, especially on her last runs .

cheers

Myles

These plans date from Dec 2000 if thats any help?

I have no idea when mine date from. I suspect it's earlier than that though.

The brochure does have a few cabins without numbers on the deck plans, I know in the case of 4001 that is now an onboard entertainers cabin;) .

My plans do show 4001 (and 4002). Is that what happened to 2001 and 2002 as well? I agree that it is odd. Particularly as they got rid of an outside cabin and not an inside one,

Hi all!

Does anyone know anything about cabin 1058 on QE 2? I've booked this C2 cabin for a voyage next year and would love to know more about it; or see any pics. I certainly do like the "choice" mid-ships One Deck location.

Thanks!

-Michael

PS: I did post this question under someone's cabin inquiry post and got some great responses (thanks guys!) but I figured I try it out on it's own post too... so my apologies to anyone who has read this already and been bored by it!

Myles and Malcolm

I also posted under someone's cabin inquiry for help with a plan of 3173 as our cabin, sadly, on the last of our QE2 voyages for Autumn Colours next year. This was among the last of the M4's available and we chose it as it so happens to be across the corridor from our friends sailing on the same voyage in the interconnecting cabins of 3175 and 3177. I think when I posted it was amidst the uproar and solemn contemplation of the sale....although this voyage I am sharing a twin with a friend who also wanted to pay her farewell, I'm still pondering how I can continue to sail as a single with Cunard...I will persevere though as I aim to, come what may. Glad of your help with a plan ideally, though not necessarily, showing all three cabins.

Leone

Myles and Malcolm

I also posted under someone's cabin inquiry for help with a plan of 3173 as our cabin, sadly, on the last of our QE2 voyages for Autumn Colours next year. This was among the last of the M4's available and we chose it as it so happens to be across the corridor from our friends sailing on the same voyage in the interconnecting cabins of 3175 and 3177. I think when I posted it was amidst the uproar and solemn contemplation of the sale....although this voyage I am sharing a twin with a friend who also wanted to pay her farewell, I'm still pondering how I can continue to sail as a single with Cunard...I will persevere though as I aim to, come what may. Glad of your help with a plan ideally, though not necessarily, showing all three cabins.

Leone

Details attached, like Malcolms but these have the dots joined together;)

to gve an idea of scale of these plans the cabins measure 2 ins long x 1/2 inch wide, which doesnt sound much, but consider how many cabins there are per deck.

By the way your right opposite a Fan Room, that white space also includes the pantry, water service station and furniture locker... for whats it worth.

There is a thread with some more of what these show in great detail.

1271451760_QE23deck.jpg.40de61640ef800e36d663b475c8929fd.jpg

1862250252_JULY4208077.jpg.68feea6fba80e28a72a61e7f024bd63e.jpg

493335062_JULY4208078.jpg.7e1e8381ae4c42bea367159f243b18ea.jpg

Michael,

This might help you out, and your opposite the safety control room

cheers

Myles

Myles,

Again, wow... your plans of 1058 show that I have TWO portholes... and the portholes midships on One Deck are HUGE, aren't they?

-Michael

Many years ago (30, perhaps) I was in 1056, next door to 1058. 1056 was an extremely comfortable single, inferior only to 1032, 1035, 2070 and 2063. It had lovely wood panelling. I remember that 1058, next door, was a rather cramped cabin with one bed and a sofa bed. On that long ago crossing, it was occupied by an older single gentleman. In those days, at least, I believe that it was often sold as a single.

Hi Myles...can I sheepishly ask for what the layout of 2075 might be

Dont be sheepish, l was actually going to make an offer on the roll calls for the rest of the gang on our trips to do a photo of the cabins if people wanted, either on the thread or to their email if people didnt want to show their cabin no on line, as well as making a very special offer indeed...... just give me a short while to get the plans out....

cheers

Myles

3173, 3175 & 3177:)

Malcolm

Heaps of praise and thanks! It's now winging it's way to The Hague to my friend sharing 3173 with me and to Southampton for the ladies in 3175 and 3177.

Leone

Okay, Myles

Since you're going to have to repost with 3175 instead of 3075, etc, why don't you go a couple of more cabins to 3167 (which is mine for the April 12 crossing)

Thanks,

Karie,

Karie,

I had this cabin for 6 days in 2002 with my partner and a friend. It was quite nice and the sofa bed area was very private (away from the area with twin beds - perfect for our female friend!) 3167 has nice full bath with small tub.

My only tiny complaint - it was SO FAR from the Caronia Restaurant that going back for a forgotten item (like a photo/item to show tablemates) was a drag!

-Michael

Well, you all are in "my patch" ... and when you pick a cabin in that area, #3172 is especially good for two not together traveling together. It gives couples privacy, if wanted, and space to roam in-cabin.

It is/can be set for three; is often sold as a double. The door is just at the companionway, the bathroom just inside, and the "cabin" is two single beds on the floor, two dressers. There's a narrow hall toward the bulkhead/porthole and a sofa (bed). The "hall" is one set of drawers/mirror, which can be used as a bar, and three clothes lockers.

One of the hall doors can be left opened, about making a wall, and the effect is a two-room suite. If your cabin-mate is an early riser, there by the morning light is a fine place for in-room coffee! Stay up late? Entertain there by moonlight. Or no light. Whatever.

It is a good cabin layout for two!

Well, you all are in "my patch" ... and when you pick a cabin in that area, #3172 is especially good for two not together traveling together. It gives couples privacy, if wanted, and space to roam in-cabin.

It is/can be set for three; is often sold as a double. The door is just at the companionway, the bathroom just inside, and the "cabin" is two single beds on the floor, two dressers. There's a narrow hall toward the bulkhead/porthole and a sofa (bed). The "hall" is one set of drawers/mirror, which can be used as a bar, and three clothes lockers.

One of the hall doors can be left opened, about making a wall, and the effect is a two-room suite. If your cabin-mate is an early riser, there by the morning light is a fine place for in-room coffee! Stay up late? Entertain there by moonlight. Or no light. Whatever.

It is a good cabin layout for two!

Ab Ovo (Eggie, for short!)

Are you saying there is a door to the hall going down to the porthole? Or do you mean the hall going out to the corridor? We are in 3167 in our April crossing, which appears to be the flip-flop of that cabin on the starboard side. By chance do you have any pictures of the cabin? Of course the twin beds cannot be changed to double, but that is okay, We often do that on cruises. One of us tends to snore after a few Stellas in the pub or a wee spot of Drambuie after dinner! Hint: I don't care for Drambuie! too sweet. So guess which one of us it is who snores!

Is the couch under the portholes and is there just one porthole?

And the Bibby corridor down to the porthole area- that is where the three closets/armoires/whatever are? or is that the drawers (dresser) and mirror?

Or are you saying leave the doors to the closet/armoire open to create a sort of separate room! I can see me sitting on the couch (more likely kneeling to look out the porthole) watching the sea pass by while he snores away on the bed.

This is going to be so exciting!

It would be marvelous if you happen to have any pictures of 3172, which really does look just the reverse of 3167. Is it fairly quiet there?

Karie,

who is also sailing with you. What cabin will you be in in April. This same area?

Myles and Malcolm

I also posted under someone's cabin inquiry for help with a plan of 3173 as our cabin, sadly, on the last of our QE2 voyages for Autumn Colours next year. This was among the last of the M4's available and we chose it as it so happens to be across the corridor from our friends sailing on the same voyage in the interconnecting cabins of 3175 and 3177.

My mistake here are 3173,3175 & 3177.. sorry

1850474491_3deck.jpg.11e1c61c02b8125c686b29aad7ee079b.jpg

779578570_Deck3.jpg.2dd58660c6f4cbce7c7d017f2d07f56c.jpg

Okay, Myles

Since you're going to have to repost with 3175 instead of 3075, etc, why don't you go a couple of more cabins to 3167 (which is mine for the April 12 crossing)

Karie,

For you my dear anything... details attached ok

3167.jpg.84f416cbbe58562756672a09d7f00fcd.jpg

It would be marvelous if you happen to have any pictures of 3172, which really does look just the reverse of 3167. Is it fairly quiet there?

3172, Im sure its very quiet, if you dont mind the noise from the fan room;)

3172.jpg.f0a0d068342958a2e1a4274c4ba85ac6.jpg

Hi Myles.

Hope you don't mind another request for a cabin plan.

It's 3092 for the January tandem crossing. It looks like one of those long thin ones, but not sure.

Cheers.:)

Tim.

My mistake here are 3173,3175 & 3177.. sorry

Myles

Many thanks indeed. I don't know about anybody else, but I think that having the layout in advance helps enormously to adapt that much more quickly to your cabin. So again, thanks for your time and effort to do this because I understand, if I recall from another thread, that your plans are huge and it is rather timeconsuming for you to lay them out to do this for us. It is much appreciated I assure you.

Hope you don't mind another request for a cabin plan.

It's 3092 for the January tandem crossing. It looks like one of those long thin ones, but not sure.

Tim

Hope you don't mind me asking, but what do you do exactly as a Transmission Playout Director? Sounds intriguing.

Leone

I'm one of a team of people who work round the clock keeping all the BBC channels on-air. We make sure that the programmes start when they're supposed to (at least we try to!) and pick up the pieces when live events don't behave as they're supposed to (frequently). Wimbledon was a nightmare this year with all the rain stoppages - there are only so many "classic" matches that the outside broadcast unit have up their sleeve, so we have to fill a lot of the time at our end. It's also our job to get the news on-air and interrupt the schedule in the event of a major news story - most recently the attempted car bombings in central London and Glasgow Airport. Additionally we schedule and transmit all the various bits of branding, trails and fiddly bits between programmes.

Not sure how familiar you are with the British TV Licence and how it's used to fund the BBC. It has many faults, but its great strength is that every viewer has right to a say in what goes out on air. Our on-air branding sometimes comes in for criticism - especially when it goes out over the end credits of programmes. Eeek, the complaints! Oh and if we drop a programme because a sports event is overrunning then it's always a case of never being able to please everyone. As well as the "linear" schedules - we look after a lot of the online and interactive stuff as well.

Sorry if I've waffled on rather. Hope it makes sense!

Cheers.

Tim.

Archived