Pride Of Hawaii / Boarding Documents

GARFIELD

I Have Been Told That For This Cruise That You Only Need Your Picture Id (we Do Not Have Passports) . I Thouhgt You Would Still Need Your Birth Certificates As Well. But 3 Times I Have Been Told No, Only Your Drivers License. Thanks For Your Help.

How about I actually answer your question, rather than bashing the cruise line?

The answer is that if you are a US citizen who is only going to Hawaii, you need only the ID you need to fly (official photo ID) from state to state because that's what you are doing. You do not need your BC, not even NCL requires it. Some have thought that the cruise line does, but that is incorrect. All passengers 16 and older must have an official photo ID. (If you are traveling with youngsters: I'm honestly not sure what the under 16 passengers need. Perhaps you do need a BC for them, but as you don't need it to fly from state to state, I don't believe that it is required for the cruise either. However, I am not 100% sure on this. Perhaps parents who've cruised NCLA with younger children will be able to answer.)

beachchick

p.s., We had a very nice cruise on PoH last December. The ship is lovely (except for a few carpet choices, but I quibble); the crew we encountered were almost all helpful, friendly, and hard-working; and the overall experience was quite good.

Was on POAL April 07 and all you needed was a drivers license or other gov't photo ID to get pass security screening (plus your ship card), just like you would going through airport security screening.

Aloha.

I Guess This Is Not Really A Concen, But I Do Wonder Why The Other Cruise Lines Say You Do Have To Carry Other Citizenship Proof Besides Your License ( On The Hawaii Cruise ) But Not On Ncl? Just Wondering.

I Guess This Is Not Really A Concen, But I Do Wonder Why The Other Cruise Lines Say You Do Have To Carry Other Citizenship Proof Besides Your License ( On The Hawaii Cruise ) But Not On Ncl? Just Wondering.

Because the three, soon to be two, NCLA ships are American flagged and only stop at U.S. ports. All of the others are foreign flagged and must stop at a foreign port either coming or going.

That's why they don't worry about minors having ID. You can't skip the country on the NCLA ships with kids as they don't go to other countries. When the Pride of Aloha starts going to Fanning Island, you will have to have other forms of proof for those sailings.

Because the three, soon to be two, NCLA ships are American flagged and only stop at U.S. ports. All of the others are foreign flagged and must stop at a foreign port either coming or going.

That's why they don't worry about minors having ID. You can't skip the country on the NCLA ships with kids as they don't go to other countries. When the Pride of Aloha starts going to Fanning Island, you will have to have other forms of proof for those sailings.

The NCL site lists that passports are required for Fanning Island. The BC and DL combination is not an option for Hawaii cruises to Fanning, and the passport requirement includes children under 16.

beachchick

Archived