Upsell to an Owner's Suite!

ltturner

I'm so excited! We've been booked in an AE suite for two years -- we pushed it back a year when our schedule wouldn't cooperate. So I've really been looking forward to our upcoming cruise to Alaska on the Star. I've been reading a lot on these boards, and I've given passing thought to whether we would be offered an upsell.

Well, we got the e-mail this evening! An upsell from AE to AA! We debated whether the money would be better spent on the great big luxurious suite or using that money to maybe buy a souvenir or two...and the great big luxurious suite won out. :D We're celebrating our 20th anniversary, and this will be such an indulgence!

I have one question for those who've stayed in the Owner's Suite before: Is there unlimited Internet there? I see that a laptop is provided, but I can't find mention of Internet service.

Thanks to everyone for your great advice, past, present, and future!

Amy

I'm so excited! We've been booked in an AE suite for two years -- we pushed it back a year when our schedule wouldn't cooperate. So I've really been looking forward to our upcoming cruise to Alaska on the Star. I've been reading a lot on these boards, and I've given passing thought to whether we would be offered an upsell.

Well, we got the e-mail this evening! An upsell from AE to AA! We debated whether the money would be better spent on the great big luxurious suite or using that money to maybe buy a souvenir or two...and the great big luxurious suite won out. :D We're celebrating our 20th anniversary, and this will be such an indulgence!

I have one question for those who've stayed in the Owner's Suite before: Is there unlimited Internet there? I see that a laptop is provided, but I can't find mention of Internet service.

Amy

Congrats on the upsell..you will love the AA.

On the Dawn and Jewel, we did pay (regular rates) for internet access even though the laptop was provided.. but..the laptop is/was a great convenience:)

Congrats on your upsell. You have to pay for the internet access.

We have stayed in an Owner's Suite 4 times now and it's the best. Make sure you use your butler. The Concierge can get you into any restaurant.

Check out our webshots for pics of the OS on the Dawn., sister ship to the Star.

Happy Cruising,

Monty

Amy

Can I ask which sailing your on? Just curious how far out they're making the Upsell calls.

We sail on 8/25 on the Star and are hoping to hear from the Upsell Fairy to upgrade from a Minisuite to a Penthouse or higher.

Can I ask which sailing your on? Just curious how far out they're making the Upsell calls.

We sail on 8/25 on the Star and are hoping to hear from the Upsell Fairy to upgrade from a Minisuite to a Penthouse or higher.

We're on the 9/1 sailing, but my fingers are crossed for you. Maybe the Upsell Fairy isn't done with your sailing yet. It did cross my mind that someone would be lucky to move into the aft cabin we had.

Amy

We're on the 9/1 sailing, but my fingers are crossed for you. Maybe the Upsell Fairy isn't done with your sailing yet. It did cross my mind that someone would be lucky to move into the aft cabin we had.

Amy

hmmm, bummer, we may be out of luck if they're already onto 9/1.

When I last checked a week ago, a couple penthouse cabins were still available, so I was hopefull we might be lucky to get the call.

Archived