entertainment book ?

Hi, I wanted to use a $50 entertainment book coupon for my upcoming cruise in March 2008 for 5 days. The coupon expires in Dec. 2007. My PVP for carnival said that I wouldn't be able to use the coupon because it expires in 2007-not 2008. Is this correct? I didn't think it mattered the year when using it for travel, as long as it was applied during the useable year. Any advice or comments appreciated.

My book specifically says on the page where the coupons are to be cut out that it is "valid for cruises departing prior to December 31, 2007." On the coupon itself it just says "valid now through Dec. 31, 2007."

To be honest with you, I'm not sure these coupons ever work for anyone at any time. We've never been successful actually getting Carnival to accept them.

You could Contact Entertainment for their answer.

Carnival has the right, however, to disallow certain cruise dates and ships.

Seems to me you should see something in writing on the coupon page, tho, as the previous poster said.

There is a thread re these coupons. Go back in time to find it. Lots of people have used them successfully.

If you are looking to save money on your cruise and you are not determined to use a PVP then please check out http://www.*****.com/. I have booked our last two cruises through them for a significant savings. A PVP couldn't come close to matching the price and actually encouraged me to book through the agent I found on cruise compete. The savings will be more significant than the $50 coupon.

• 4 weeks later...

The new books come out in the fall, buy one and use the coupon out of it. They are in there every year. I have used the coupon for Carnival. ($100 off just last month) I tried to use the one for NCL but I had received a pretty significant upgrade for little extra money and they would not allow it. They were going to accept it before I changed from a balcony to an owner's suite.

Archived