dining room for breakfast and lunch

monjo

The cruise line literature will specify for you. In general, what you wear when you leave the ship for the day will work. In otherwords, casual clothes....shorts, sandals, jeans(in cool weather) etc. NO bathing suits that show. If it's an at sea day, cover up with a shirt and shorts or a sun dress.

Again, depends on the line and where you are cruising.

During the day, we wear the same clothes to the dining room that we would wear anywhere else on the ship. They don't want you coming in wearing bathing suits with cover-ups. I do wear my bathing suit under a sundress, but no one would know. We'll generally do that if we are going to the pool after lunch. My husband does not wear his swim shorts, though, just a regular pair of shorts.

So, shorts, tees, sundresses, slacks if you wish.

I'm sure you know this ... but if you wear your bathing suit under a coverup, have a dry suit. I've had the uncomfortable and dissettling feeling of sitting in a chair in the buffet, only to discover that it's all wet :eek:

Okay, I know this is a stupid question, but when it says no tank tops in the dining room, is there a difference between sleeveless and tank top?

The no tank top rule is for men. So, for the the purpose of this question, yes, they are the same. They don't want men in the dining room with sleeveless tops or tank tops.

Women can wear tank tops or sleeveless tops in the dining room.

You can use your own judgement regarding tact. You can wear what you would feel comfortable wearing without offending anyone.

Shorts, tees, capris, swimsuits with a cover-up, tanks all are okay.

Please no bare feet. Our last cruise several little children were walking around without shoes in goodness knows what.:eek:, tracking it all over the buffet area.

The dinner attire is more conservative.

I don't think breakfast will be too formal. Lunch is another thing. With breakfast, we only did the formal dining room once. We wore what we would have worn to the buffet. I'm guessing you will do the buffet most of the time for breakfast. We found ourselves only doing the formal dining room for dinner.

Do most cruise lines NOT allow cover-ups in the Dining Room? In other words, if you're at the pool and want to catch some lunch, should you head to the buffet instead?

Yes...head to the buffet. I can't imagine wanting to eat in the dining room with beach attire on anyway...

I don't think breakfast will be too formal. Lunch is another thing. With breakfast, we only did the formal dining room once. We wore what we would have worn to the buffet. I'm guessing you will do the buffet most of the time for breakfast. We found ourselves only doing the formal dining room for dinner.

Lunch in the dining room is no more formal than breakfast would be. Shorts, tees, sundresses, the same clothes you would wear anywhere else on the ship, with the exception of swimwear.

Try lunch in there at least once, it is so very pleasant.

Archived