Tell me about Grandeur

Hi All~

I'm taking a cruise on Granduer of the Seas in March '08. She will depart from and sail to Key West and Cozumel. I sailed Mariner this past February, and it was WONDERFUL! I've also sailed Sovereign and Monarch, and wonder how Grandeur compares.

Grandeur of the Seas - March '08

Mariner of the Seas - February '07

Monarch of the Seas - September '03

Sovereign of the Seas - May

Sovereign of the Seas - April 1996

I have sailed on the Soverign and the Empress twice, and the Grandeur just this past may, 2nd cruise out of dry dock. SHe is bigger than the Soverign, but not huge in any way. Takes only minutes to get where you want to go. The upside - the Solarium. We loved it. Much less crowded than the main pool and very quiet. Also the Solarium cafe which serves hot dogs, hamburgs, french fries and pizza and is open very late.

THe downside - none of those foods are available in the windjammer during lunch. If you want a hamburger, you have to hike over to the solarium. Also, no speciality resturant. Your only choices for dinner are the dinning room or the windjammer. The Schooner bar was a nice place to sit and relax, but unfortunately, it goes right into the theatre so there are a lot of people right before and after a show going in and out.

All in all, it is a great ship and we had a great time on our cruise. The ship was very clean and the staff was great! You will definitely enjoy your cruise.

Archived