Viking Surkov Sept. 08

mtcabin2

Is anyone going on the Waterway of the Czars on the Viking Surkov Sept. 8, 08? The Surkov has been refurbished (or will be by then) and the cabins are larger than other Viking cabins. We're extending in Helsinki. Seems a long time away but it's just over a year!

• 4 weeks later...
Is anyone going on the Waterway of the Czars on the Viking Surkov Sept. 8, 08? The Surkov has been refurbished (or will be by then) and the cabins are larger than other Viking cabins. We're extending in Helsinki. Seems a long time away but it's just over a year!

Hi - two couples of us also just booked on the Surkov, same itinerary Sept. 8, 08. We chose this riverboat because of the refurbishing even though the other Viking boats have larger rooms for less cost in the same category BX. We were a little leary about the weather in Sept. but didn't want to fight the crowds.

Hello jwelsh2! Glad to hear some other folks will be on board with us. Have you been on a Viking cruise before? We did China just this past April and were so impressed with Viking. That's basically what motivated us to do Russia with them.

We look forward to cool weather as summers in GA are HOT. Just hope it isn't wet. Think we'll see snow?? :)

Hi

I am thinking of doing this trip next year. Didn't know if I want Uniworld or

Viking.

Is this a northbound itinerary? (Moscow to St Pete)

Are you extending to Hesinki via train? I think that

would be neat, and be great to know that I was not alone.

Thanks

Hi

I am thinking of doing this trip next year. Didn't know if I want Uniworld or

Viking.

Is this a northbound itinerary? (Moscow to St Pete)

Are you extending to Hesinki via train? I think that

would be neat, and be great to know that I was not alone.

Thanks

Hi Docksider. We're doing the northbound route because Viking doesn't offer Helsinki on the southbound route. We'll fly into Helsinki and then fly to St. Pete. Here's the Viking link for this trip. Hope this helps!

http://www.vikingrivers.com/pdf/others2007/RU.pdf

<P>mtcabin2,</P>

<P>Did you see my posting under the Surkov sailing for 7/15? If you did read it already, let me know your thoughts. Hope it helps prepare you for a great trip! </P>

No, but I'm going there now. Thanks for letting me know!

Hi Docksider. We're doing the northbound route because Viking doesn't offer Helsinki on the southbound route. We'll fly into Helsinki and then fly to St. Pete. Here's the Viking link for this trip. Hope this helps!

http://www.vikingrivers.com/pdf/others2007/RU.pdf

Oops--- We're going southbound. Got that wrong!

Hello jwelsh2! Glad to hear some other folks will be on board with us. Have you been on a Viking cruise before? We did China just this past April and were so impressed with Viking. That's basically what motivated us to do Russia with them.

We look forward to cool weather as summers in GA are HOT. Just hope it i

Hi MTCabin2 - we haven't been on Viking cruise before but have heard great recommendations for them. We were actually also interested in the China trip too - so you liked it? Our travel agency has a group booking for the Sept. 8, 08 Viking to Russia with 3 cabins remaining. If anyone is interested, email me, and I'll give you the info. Good discount on group rate.

Hi jwelsh2. Our first Viking trip was the Waterway of the Czars and I can't say enough good things about it. In fact, two couples who are friends of ours have both gone on it also, one in Sept. and one in Aug. and although it was terribly hot on their trips, they also raved about it. One of the wives was only going because her husband wanted to go; she said it was the best vacation they'd ever had. I'm hoping that the Russia trip will be every bit as wonderful!

Hi MtCabin2 --- isn't waterway of the Czars the Russian trip you are going in Sept. 8, 08? Did your ship in China have balconies? Were they large enough to sit out on - two chairs? Think we would love to do that one next. Pat

Yup. That is Russia. In China we did the Cultural Delights--- sorry! We were on the Viking Century Sun and all the cabins had balconies. They were fairly small but held two chairs and we did spend some time out there. I know you'd love the trip.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Time to wake up this thread -- September's just around the corner! We sent our passports away for the visas and should get them back soon. Is anyone else doing the add-on in Helsinki?

Trish

someone asked about balconies on the Viking China Delights trip. Yes they do have balconies - we are going on that trip Sept. 16, 2009. We are going on the Waterways of the Czars on the Surkov this year Sept. 8, 2008. I see some of you are taking that same trip. The Surkov is suppose to be fantastic now that it has been refurbished --- and we have heard that it is completely full for that sailing. Way to go Viking.

Archived