Inspiration - Anyone?

ginacc

I never see any posters talk about the Inspiration ship. Plus, I posted a Roll Call thread, and only got one response. I'm starting to feel like we're going to be sailing on a ghost ship.

Anybody have anything positive or negative to say about her? Any tips, or suggestions?

This is our first cruise, so I'm dying for more information. The Carnival site isn't as robust as I would like it to be.

Thanks in advance!:D

You won't be on a ghost ship sailing in August! :D

There are lots of Inspiration posts. Try the search feature. I just went on Inspiration in June, and can answer any specific questions you have. You'll have a great time!

I'm going on her too in November!

There have been about 5 Inspiration reviews posted here in the last week. You can also click on Reviews in the very upper right of this page then select Inspiration and you'll see all the member reviews that have been posted.

Then if you go to http://cruiseclues.com and click on Inspiration, you'll find TONS of info (although it takes him a while to get all the reviews on there, most of them are older). Using the search feature on this forum will get you tons of info too.

The main themes for the postings seem to be:

1. She's going into drydock for a big upgrade in September as part of the Evolutions of Fun initiative (details here: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/evolutionsoffun_2007.aspx) .

2. People generally like her smaller size compared to the mega-ships (we sailed on the Sensation (same class) and definiely agree it's much easier to get around).

3. The crew generally gets very high marks on this ship too

I noticed the Roll Call board can sometimes be slow until it gets closer to the cruise as well, especially for these shorter itineraries which cater more to the "last minute" type customers (last minute being relative here. I just mean most people don't plan out a year or more in advance if it's only a 4 or 5 day cruise).

So that's it. You'll have a great time!

I did the search, and I'm finding some good stuff.

Does anybody know what sort of "class" she is? I hear people referring to "Fantasy" class and such... what are the difference in the classes of the ships? Because this is a 5 day cruise, does that mean this ship is not as classy as the 7-8 day cruises?

Thanks!

She's a Fantasy-Class vessel. This relates only to the layout and basic design of the ship. All 8 Fantasy-class vessels (Fantasy, Sensation, Fascination, Elation, Imagination, Inspiration, Paradise, and Ecstacy) have the same deck plan and design, except for the actual interior decorations.

Inspiration is an older ship, as she was built in 1995, but she's still in good shape.

She's part of the Fantasy Class of ships. "Class" just refers to size or "type" of ship. When Carnival gets companies to build their ships, it's cheaper for them to order more than one of the same layout (buying in bulk, so to speak).

And "classy" is all a matter of your perspective!

We will be sailing the Inspiration in October, shortly after she completes the dry dock. We have not sailed her before but have sailed other Fantasy class ships. The layout is easy to navigate and I actually prefer this size ship to a larger ship such as the Liberty. Although the Liberty is beautiful, it just feels too large and confined to me. The crew always seem more full of energy in my opinion on the smaller ships. We sailed the Imagination a couple of years ago and docked beside the Inspiration. In talking to passengers we met in the port, we heard great reviews of that ship. If memory serves, the Inspiration won the prized "best score card" results fleet wide that hear.

Hope that helps!

We love the inspirtation!! And we love the Tampa dock too! Channelside is a great area in Tampa.........plenty to do and see for those of you that fly in the day before! Embassy Suites (brand new) and marriott waterside are just up the street and awesome!! New Trolly takes you down to Ybor city and back up again...........lots to do and see and eat!! We live in SW Florida but if we go out of this port we come up early anyway to enjoy channelside!!

The ship is clean (very clean), the staff is GREAT, it is an older ship but they have done an amazing job keeping it up! Enjoy, I would love to gon on the Inspiration again but we have gone on that trek more then a few times........time for a change LOL!

I joined specifically to ask questions about Inspiration. We are booked February 7-11th, Tampa to Cozumel. I have never been on a cruise before and I would like to know what to expect. Like the OP, I have been to Carnival's pages and found them lacking.

I'd specifically like to know what is included; what are formal nights and how many are there, what are the rooms like? We have booked a stateroom and the picture looks nice, but who knows?

I see that the ship will be going into drydock in September, what will be done to it?

Thank you so much for your help from a newbie!

I have sailed on the Inspiration in the past and loved the ship. I'm sailing on her again in April. I can't wait to see the upgrade after her month in dry dock.

I had a Category 12 cabin, pretty much dead amidships on the Upper deck. It was gorgeous... tons of room, great balcony and quiet when we wanted it to be.

The service was tremendous and the food excellent. As a previous poster mentioned, she easy to find your way around. The only thing that you might miss from the larger ships is the dinner club. Other than that, she's wonderful!

She's very stable. We were in some rather impressive seas one evening and all we noticed was a very mild roll.

You'll enjoy your cruise tremendously.

Don't forget to drop a note and let us know how it went!

Bon Voyage!

Archived