Best drink special on Carnival? Favorite Drink?

Mr. Baloo

i loveeeeeeeeee miami vice---

but for a drink drink,...

either goose and sprite..

or my made up drink hehe

stoli peach

club

and a splash of cran

^^^^^ so weird i LOVE this drink hate cranberry and hate club lol... but tother this is amazin!

Has anyone tried a "Buttery Nipple" (or sometimes it's called a slippery nipple)?? ;) It really is a drink; I had one last weekend. :D Do they serve those on Carnival ships? It's a shot and not a whole drink. It had Kahlua, butterscotch, and something else. It was really tasty!!

yes, had it and yes, it's it's good...

two years ago on our canoe trip - adults only- a friend mixed up abunch in a sports bottle...wooo hoooo...they are very good!

i loveeeeeeeeee miami vice---

but for a drink drink,...

either goose and sprite..

or my made up drink hehe

stoli peach

club

and a splash of cran

^^^^^ so weird i LOVE this drink hate cranberry and hate club lol... but tother this is amazin!

oh look,,,guess who's here..

I promise you, all those votes for the "Fun Ship" are right on target. It has a shot each of Ameretto, Rum, Vodka, Apricot Brandy and "some juice".

They are it!!!! But don't drink too many at one time. And DON'T drink em sittin down, cuz you get up, and, WHOOPSIE!!!!!!!:D

anyone know the exact recipe? what "some juice" is? which juices?

THANKS! :)

Kiss on the Lips recipe

This drink recipe is one of the bigger hits on Carnival Cruise Lines. It seems like every person who tries it comes back with a mission to find the recipe. :o) Quantities are an estimate, adjust to taste.

pr.gifprintable version

ScaleRecipe('11692',1); Scale ingredients to servings

1 - 1 1/2 oz peach schnapps

4 - 6 oz frozen mango mix

1 tbsp grenadine syrup

The mango mix should be blended with crushed ice firstly with the schnapps. Pour the schnapps and mango mix into a cocktail glass with the grenadine already placed at the bottom.

4.gif Serve in:

Cocktail Glass

Kiss on the Lips from a bartender on the Fantasy.

2 oz Peach Schnapps

4 oz Mango Puree (you can buy at any liquor store, it has to be the puree)

Grenedine

Blend in blender with one tray of ice. Splash Grenedine in the botton of a clear glass and swirl around. Pour in mix from blender.

Dave

what's a mudslide?

It is a chocolatey, frozen thing - like a shake. I'll buy you one! By the way, Deborah is wanting someone to buy her out,:( so I guess you are getting a new roommate Sara and the rest are working on it.

Question regarding souvenir glass on Carnival. It is actually a "glass" glass, or it it a plastic thingie? Royal Caribbean has gone from real glasses in 2002 to plastic, and NCL, when I've cruised them, has only had plastic (although I have a couple of cool shot glasses from them). I can't see paying more for something in a plastic glass; at least if it's real glass it makes a nice keepsake.

So now I have my "try-it" list--me and hubby each down for a Funship Special, me for a Kiss on the Lips, and him for the Buttery/Slippery nipple. :D Does anyone know if they do a BBC on Carnival--it's a biggie on Royal Caribbean--Baileys, Banana and Coconut---yummy!

Thanks, Robin

Question regarding souvenir glass on Carnival. It is actually a "glass" glass, or it it a plastic thingie? Royal Caribbean has gone from real glasses in 2002 to plastic, and NCL, when I've cruised them, has only had plastic (although I have a couple of cool shot glasses from them). I can't see paying more for something in a plastic glass; at least if it's real glass it makes a nice keepsake.

So now I have my "try-it" list--me and hubby each down for a Funship Special, me for a Kiss on the Lips, and him for the Buttery/Slippery nipple. :D Does anyone know if they do a BBC on Carnival--it's a biggie on Royal Caribbean--Baileys, Banana and Coconut---yummy!

Thanks, Robin

Hi Robin,

It is a plastic thingie. :) On NCL, I have gotten both the plastic and the glass depending on drink type.

It is not the paying more part. After you make, the first purchase you turn the glass back in for a refill at a cheaper price. The glass also holds more than a regular glass.

Yes, they can do a BBC as well as a Long Island Ice Tea.

Dave

After you make, the first purchase you turn the glass back in for a refill at a cheaper price. The glass also holds more than a regular glass.

Dave

I have a question...can you use the glass for a refill on any drink, or just the drinks of the day???

THANKS!!

Terri

Less than a week to go!!!

I have a question...can you use the glass for a refill on any drink, or just the drinks of the day???

THANKS!!

Terri

Less than a week to go!!!

Hi Terri,

It is good for any drink, frozen or mixed.

Dave

My favorite is either a Miami Vice (Strawberry Daquiri & Pina Colada Swirled)

Here's another vote for the Miami Vice. Even though it is a girlie type drink, I still thought it was great:D .

Wellllll, I guess that depends on how many drinks you have! LOL

Boy, just dropped into this thread and I'm a straight Tequila drinker but some of these drinks mentioned, I will definitely try. The kiss on the lips and the nipple thingy for sure. I'm not a Schnapps fan but I love coconut and banana. I think I'll try them out before we go and that way I won't waste my $$$$'s.

I'm notorious for getting a drink, taking a sip, making an awful face and giving it away!!!! At least with Tequila I don't have to taste it!!! LOL

We bring Tequila in a water bottle in our checked and my DH brings Rye in a Ginger Ale bottle in his checked. I just ask for lemon wedges at dinner and bring a little baggie to put them in!! Salt, I bring those packets I collect from takeout places. Bad, bad people!!!

Thanks again for the suggestions. Where did you get a Carnival Drinks Recipe book?

Marge

Dave,

COOL! ABout how much will I save be reusing that souvenir cup from the first day?

Terri

Hi Terri,

Sov glass is $6.75 plus gratuity

Refill is $5.95 plus gratuity

Also if you buy your drink while still in port, you have to pay sales tax on it.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the info on the BBC and the cups--I didn't ask about a Long Island Iced Tea, even though I like them--did you somehow pick up from my location that I am on Long Island??????

Robin

Dave,

Thanks for the info on the BBC and the cups--I didn't ask about a Long Island Iced Tea, even though I like them--did you somehow pick up from my location that I am on Long Island??????

Robin

Hi Robin,

No not really. I just know some folks like them and that they will make you one onboard the ship. One of the tips I have is find a bar tender not bar waiter. The bar tender is the one who makes the drinks. I will use the same bar tender throughout the cruise as much as possible and tip them in cash. Funny how the drinks become stronger when I do this.

I will be up your way in November when we sail on the NCL Spirit from NY to New Orleans. We are going to stay at the W New York on Lexington Ave and board the ship the next day.

Dave

Hi Terri,

Sov glass is $6.75 plus gratuity

Refill is $5.95 plus gratuity

Also if you buy your drink while still in port, you have to pay sales tax on it.

Dave

I see all these posts with price plus gratuity. Someome told me that the gratuity was already added to the price of the drink in Carnival's new drink price list. Can anyone verify this?

I see all these posts with price plus gratuity. Someome told me that the gratuity was already added to the price of the drink in Carnival's new drink price list. Can anyone verify this?

I will let you know in 41 days. :)

Dave

Archived