Lobster, lobster, lobster

We'll be doing the Canada/New England cruise this Fall and need to find out the names of the best restaurants serving lobster. We're not really interested in fancy, but rather fresh and delicious! Our stops are:

Newport

Bar Harbor

Portland

Boston

Halifax

St Johns

All suggestions are welcome and very much appreciated!

i asked this same question a while back but posted it on the new england board - if u scroll down it is titled maine - best restaurants for lobster:)

i got a lot of responses, so hope it helps!

We'll be doing the Canada/New England cruise this Fall and need to find out the names of the best restaurants serving lobster. We're not really interested in fancy, but rather fresh and delicious! Our stops are:

Newport

Bar Harbor

Portland

Boston

Halifax

St Johns

All suggestions are welcome and very much appreciated!

If you are going to Saint John, NB and not St John's, NF there is a place called Steamers right across the street from the terminal

Thank you all for your suggestions! I just found out there's been a change to our itinerary and we'll be stopping in New London, CT, instead of Newport, RI. I understand this is near Mystic, so that might be a nice change. Any suggestions for Mystic, CT?

Any suggestions for Mystic, CT?

Mystic Pizza ia always a favorite stop (remember the Julia Roberts movie of same name?). There are some great shops along Main Street too. If you have time before your cruise, get the Mystic & More travel guide from their website. My SO spend the last 3 years living outside of Hartford before moving recently back to NJ so I spent many a day in CT and the Mystic area. Abbotts Lobster House (http://www.abbotts-lobster.com/) in Noank is not far from New London. Great place for lobster meal while dining outside on the water family style. They even have a companion restaurant next door called Costello's Clam Shack!! And have a lobster roll anywhere in the area!! They are unforgetable!!!

I could not find ispooks post...guess it must be off. Yes, Noank is a great place for fresh lobster for all you headed to that area...still checking though to see if restaurants are near docks other than halifax...like in bar harbor or cornerbrook???

Your Father's Moustache in Halifax. Near the city garden. Very good lobster dinner was about $20 in July 07.

Just a friendly note---it is not called the City Garden. The proper reference is the Public Gardens.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived