Irons on the Spirit

E&B

I really love neatly ironed clothes. I HATE wrinkles. I've read that you can not bring irons on board ships due to they're being a safety hazzard. I can live with that - I'm a rule follower. I already have the bottle of wrinkle release purchased.

But, I've read threads here saying that if you request and iron, a room steward can bring one for you. Is that true? I'd much rather iron my clothes while unpacking (not matter how long they're in a suitcase they always come out too wrinkled for me) than depend on wrinkle release, but I'll live with it if I have to.

I really love neatly ironed clothes. I HATE wrinkles. I've read that you can not bring irons on board ships due to they're being a safety hazzard. I can live with that - I'm a rule follower. I already have the bottle of wrinkle release purchased.

But, I've read threads here saying that if you request and iron, a room steward can bring one for you. Is that true? I'd much rather iron my clothes while unpacking (not matter how long they're in a suitcase they always come out too wrinkled for me) than depend on wrinkle release, but I'll live with it if I have to.

I did not even know that you couldn't bring irons on the ship. I have always done so in the past and was going to bring one on my upcoming trip, so I am so glad I read your thread!

I have heard though, that you CAN get an iron on the spirit. I believe they might already be in the rooms. I am sure someone else on here will know better.

OK - so I'm all set with requesting one!

But it seems odd that you're not allowed to bring one because it's a fire hazzard, but you can borrow the same thing from the steward. Are they special kinds of irons that passengers can't set fire to the ship with? :p

OK - so I'm all set with requesting one!

But it seems odd that you're not allowed to bring one because it's a fire hazzard, but you can borrow the same thing from the steward. Are they special kinds of irons that passengers can't set fire to the ship with? :p

Wow! I'm surprised they will give you an iron for your cabin:confused:

I'm a NO wrinkle clothing person also.

I pack all of my clothes (after I iron them) on hangars in the dry cleaner plastic bags and never have a wrinkle problem.

I don't want to spend my time washing or ironing while on vacation.

Bring extra hangars:)

I did not even know that you couldn't bring irons on the ship. I have always done so in the past and was going to bring one on my upcoming trip, so I am so glad I read your thread!

I have heard though, that you CAN get an iron on the spirit. I believe they might already be in the rooms. I am sure someone else on here will know better.

You may bring an iron on any NCL ship.

The problems with an iron is the heat, much hotter than a cigarette producing third degree burns. Irons left alone or tobbled over by the seas can start a major fire quickly, much faster than a lit cigarette. When they provide a self serve laundrymat, those spaces have much better fire retardent systems than your cabin.

Archived