snorkeling the med

flickarn

Will be doing the Venice to Barcelona 12 day cruise in August with stops in Dubrovnik, Santorini, Athens and Nice. All other stops in between Venice and Barcelona are planned for. We would love to do some snorkeling and diving. Everyone in the family snorkels and most of us are divers as well but most likely we will try to stick with the snorkeling to include as many family members as we can and for time as well. Anyone have any experience or information to offer? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Med cruise and went diving in Santorini. The dive shop is located on Parissa Beach. I did a 1 tank boat dive for 55 Euros, they also offered snorkling. My family spent the day at parissa beach while I went diving. The dive shop drives you back to the other side of the island were you gear up and get on the boat. They provide you with all gear, which was in good condition. Not sure were else you have been diving. I didn't think the dive was that great but enjoyed being able to say I dove in the Med. Visibilty was about 40 feet. No coral just volcanic rock. Saw a couple neudabranics and 1 small eel, otherwise mostly rocks. They also have a dive shop on Mykanos at Paradise Beach dives at 1030 and 1430. Same for Kusadasi Turkey at Ladies beach. Price their was 35 euros for a 1 tank boat dive. Unfortunetly I missed the afternoon dives so was religated to snorkling, not much to be seen from the shore in either place but the water was warmer. Naples looked like it had several dive shops and from the cliffs of Amalfi the water looked beautiful. Hope this helps.

Archived