Splendor info needed - 47 day cruise

longtrip

The Carnival Splendor will be changing from Florida to California in the winter of 2009. The ship is too big to go through the Panama Canal. So, for the first time Carnival will go around South America. They are booking it in three parts for a total of 47 days, starting in Florida and ending in San Francisco. I booked the whole trip because the price seemed good. Any words of wisdom about looong cruses like this? It just opened up for booking 2-3 days ago. Anyone ever stay on the Panorama deck?

Thanks

The Carnival Splendor will be changing from Florida to California in the winter of 2009. The ship is too big to go through the Panama Canal. So, for the first time Carnival will go around South America. They are booking it in three parts for a total of 47 days, starting in Florida and ending in San Francisco. I booked the whole trip because the price seemed good. Any words of wisdom about looong cruses like this? It just opened up for booking 2-3 days ago. Anyone ever stay on the Panorama deck?

Thanks

The ship is still being built so no one has sailed on her yet. You may want to check out Costa Concordia or Serena...they are her sister ships.

There is a roll call here for those doing all 3 segments.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=586631

Is it already sold out? I have been trying to get information on it through Carnival's website and I am not having any luck.

They just added them to the system, but you cant get past the book now option. Hopefully it will be working by the weekend.

Is it already sold out? I have been trying to get information on it through Carnival's website and I am not having any luck.

Call Carnival and ask a PVP about it. Email me with Splendor in comments and I will send you the name of a good PVP. have already booked 3 through him and will book 4th when taxes come in in Feb.

Splendor will being Brazil in O8. 14, 15, and 16 day cruises. Can not go through Panama Canal.

Archived