Flamengo Shows in Barcelona

Flamenco is not a Catalan dance and therefore not typical for Barcelona.

Visiting a Flamenco show in Barcelona is like visiting a Flamenco show in Las Vegas or like eating a pizza in Venice or chile con carne in Mexico.

Typical for Barcelona are the traditional Catalan dances in front of the cathedral, performed by local people.

PalmettoGirl - We will also be in Barcelona on Nov. 4 and have been researching flamenco shows. (I assume that you are looking for passionate Spanish dancing and not for pink birds with long legs, right??) It appears that the two principal places are El Tablao de Carmen and Tablao Cordobes. Both have websites - just Google the names to get to the websites. Cheers, Fred

I did some research on Flamenco and came up with web site www.barcelonaturisme.com. The restaurant is at 35 La Rambla and is called Tablao Flamenco Cordobes. Don't get this mixed up with the one in the Spanish Village. It truly is touristy. This one is just off the main Las Rambles and is a dinner and show. Expensive but could be worth it. Look up the web site and there is a good review. Three show times 7p.m. 9p.m. and one later at 10:30p.m. Hope that this is useful to you.

Hello everyone-

Let me be of some assistance here. I just returned from a post-cruise stay in Barcelona and we spent our last night enjoying dinner and a Flamenco show at Tablao Cordobes booked via Spainbookers.com. Yes it is true that Flamenco is not native to Barcelona but the suggestion that because of this you can't see good Flamenco is absurd. Tablao Cordobes has some extremly talented dancers, guitar players and singers and the food was quite good as well. I really enjoyed my night here and I would highly recommend it to others. The website is: http://www.tablaocordobes.com/

Hi - Just e-mail your Hotel and ask them. They will even book it for you. We stayed at the Renaissance Airport Hotel the night before our flight home and the Hotel found us a fabulous show on the Ramblas and booked it. We really enjoyed it.

Archived