Paul Gauguin- excursions not through ship

2417rocky

Has anyone gone on excursions on their own? (not through the ship) Are there any people waiting when you get off the ship to take you around the islands to see the sights. I have found in the Caribbean very good tours through the locals. Thanks, Roxanne:D

I haven't taken any non-ship-sponsored excursions, but I did see plenty of folks (taxi's etc) hanging around the piers at Moorea, Bora, and Tahiti. None available on Taha'a, of course.

On Bora Bora, and Moorea there we lots of people waiting at the dock trying to get you to go with them on all kind of tours etc.

Always remember that if you are late getting back from one of these it is to bad for you, where if it is a sanctioned tour from the ship they will either get you there or the ship will wait for a little while.

In Bora Bora and Moorea it is fun to rent a car. You cannot get lost the islands are small with only a few major roads. You can do a full circle of both islands with lots of stops easily in a day. Rent car places are right in the pier area in Moorea. In Bora Bora you just go straight to the back of the town (very short distance) and the rent car place is right there. Very easy to find. People speak English if you cant find it just ask.

Archived