which side? port or starboard??

Buckeye Fan

When going on a Pride of Aloha cruise around the Hawaiian Islands, which side of the ship gives you the best views of the islands, port or starboard? Especially which gives you the best view of the volcano on the big island? Or does it really matter?:confused:

Is the extra money for a balcony worth it since this cruise is so port intensive?:rolleyes:

Balcony Cabins give you more room in general. I was on the POA in a starboard cabin.

On the Starboard side:

When docked in Hilo, you will face the town - better view

In Kona you face out to sea

On Maui you face the island and not the dock (hard to explain in that port)

In Honolulu, you face downtown Honolulu but you are not on ship that much in that town.

As far as the volcano, it is currently not errupting, but if it is, starboard is better.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think the side matters that much on the Hawaii itinerary. Both sides have good points and bad.

When going on a Pride of Aloha cruise around the Hawaiian Islands, which side of the ship gives you the best views of the islands, port or starboard? Especially which gives you the best view of the volcano on the big island? Or does it really matter?:confused:

Is the extra money for a balcony worth it since this cruise is so port intensive?:rolleyes:

Just thought I would ask again the same question. :D If someone was on the Pride of Aloha before, could you please let me know what side of the ship, port or starboard, has the better views of the islands and the volcano on the Big Island? Or does it not matter?:confused:

Thanks.

Just thought I would ask again the same question. :D If someone was on the Pride of Aloha before, could you please let me know what side of the ship, port or starboard, has the better views of the islands and the volcano on the Big Island? Or does it not matter?:confused:

Thanks.

Did you miss Keystone's reply yesterday? He gave a very thorough description:rolleyes: .

Happy Sailing!

Romy

Archived