cereal on NCL

bethany24

We will be taking NCL's Dawn in October with 20 month old son...I read on some threads about the types of dry cereal provided on other ships....since dry cereal makes such a great snack....can anyone tell me if NCL typically offers Cheerios? I read that Fruit Loops are offered on some other ships but not Cheerios...really prefer not so much sugar....any advice on good snacks to store for later...from the buffet..would really appreciate. Much Thanks

Hi, I just got off the Pearl this morning. :( (Have to hang out on CC so I don't have to face that reality just yet!) I think I remember Cheerios a few of the days. I know they had Corn Flakes, Frosted Flakes, Special K, Fruit Loops, Raisin Bran, and some other healthy type bran cereals. They don't offer the same cereals each day, so you may want to grab an extra box if you are attached to a particular one.

At the breakfast buffet each morning there is an assortment of bread, rolls, and croissants available. A few of the days I grabbed an extra roll, smeared some peanut and jelly from the buffet in it, and gave my kids a PB&J sandwich later in the day when they were hungry. This was especially good when we had long days in port, and again today while we were traveling during dinner. On port days I also packed an apple, pear or dried apricots from the buffet.

I brought a handful of fruit leathers and box of granola bars on board and they were gone by midweek. I should've brought more. While fruit is always available, I did have a hard time with healthy, easily portable snacks. I didn't want them to just fill up on bread.

HTH!

Archived