Can I just diappear (and find someplace else to eat)?

longtrip

I just read another thread about bad table experiences. I'll admit I couldn't get past the first several stories (too painful):o . Don't have the patience anymore. If a person excused themselves to go to the restroom and never came back to the table is there anywhere else to eat, like a pizza bar, until you can deal with it the next day?

Thanks

Sorry I can not edit the title..I meant disappear.

I just read another thread about bad table experiences. I'll admit I couldn't get past the first several stories (too painful):o . Don't have the patience anymore. If a person excused themselves to go to the restroom and never came back to the table is there anywhere else to eat, like a pizza bar, until you can deal with it the next day?

Thanks

What do you mean disappear? Do you mean not have your table in the dining room anymore if you don't like your tablemates?

there are plenty of other places to eat. As for leaving and not coming back, that might be a bit unfair to the others at your table as they might be waiting for your return. You should at least mention to the waiter that you won't be returning.

Thanks

No wearing "diapers" in the diningroom.....sorry just had to do that.

If (from how I read your post) you don't like your tablemates...be polite that night and see the MD after dinner and ask to be moved to another......

If they offend you that much...excuse yourself and don't go back......

Thanks

If you don't like your tablemates, see the Maitre D' after dinner and request a table change. If they're REALLY bad, excuse yourself for the evening. The buffet is open as well as the pizzeria.

Thanks for the info. Well maybe I am not that sensitive about my dining mates. I have done many, many business lunches and evening dining with clients before I retired and can say that I never had a bad experience (at least I don't remember one). The experience in the other thread that stopped me was the teen who tried all the different type of food because her mother kept insisting. She kept spitting out what she did not like on the bread plate. I probably would have sat there and enjoyed the comedy act, but if it got too disgusting I might have gotten up. Thanks to the responses; I know I can eat elsewhere if there are issues. Hmmm just remembered one bad business dinner. After a big dinner everyone got up and left. The waiter chased us down in the parking lot. We forgot the tip. :rolleyes:

If (from how I read your post) you don't like your tablemates...be polite that night and see the MD after dinner and ask to be moved to another......

I was just about to do the "diaper" thing too. Way too funny. :p

Truth be told, you won't go hungry. Even if you leave the table and don't come back and don't get pizza and don't get room service, the buffet will be in few hours.

Don't let the table horror stories scare you. I never had a bad table in 18 cruises.

Never had a problem with Tablemates, one good suggestion is when you make it to your Roll Call and you click with another couple there, you can invite them to sit with you, just have to cross link your booking numbers if they agree. We did this on our Pride Cruise one year, we sat with Cruise Critic Members DianeF and her dear husband Jerry, we had a great time.

Fred

Longtrip - I think you're worrying for nothing. Nine out of ten Carnival cruises, I had wonderful tablemates. I've had to ask for another table only once. I'm a solo cruiser, and am usually seated w/other solos or sometimes couples.

I was once seated w/the family from hell - won't go into details here:p - but I endured it for that first evening only. I spoke w/the Maitre d' right after dinner. The next evening, he graciously walked me over to my new table.

I don't normally tip a Maire d' - but this guy definitely got a tip the last evening.

We have been on many cruises #60 coming up in Sept. and have on a few occassions experienced obnoxious passengers at Our Table. I will put up with it the first night and then after dinner, WE speak to the Maitre"D and never had a problem. It was always handled with taste. No way should you stop coming to dine in the Dining Room because of obnoxious passengers. IKE

I can't resist. . .

As far as the diaper issue, that "Depends".

I know, tasteless comment. I want to apologize to any of our posters out there.

I was once seated w/the family from hell - won't go into details here:p - but I endured it for that first evening only. I spoke w/the Maitre d' right after dinner. The next evening, he graciously walked me over to my new table.

So.... They were Yankees fans??

Sheesh, that would make me switch tables too!

I can't resist. . .

As far as the diaper issue, that "Depends".

I know, tasteless comment. I want to apologize to any of our posters out there.

HA HA HA :D .

So.... They were Yankees fans??

Sheesh, that would make me switch tables too!

HA HA HA to this too, except I'm all for the Mets. I take it your for the Red Sox. I do route for the Sox when they play against the Yankees.

Archived