Pride of America Excursion Feedback?

coolredmoose

Celebrating 20 year wedding anniversary...First Cruise...I am looking for any feedback on the shore excursions through NCL...Specifically:

Volcano and Rainbow Falls Deluxe

Road to Hana

Molikini Crater Snorkel

Luau Kalamaku

Any feedback/info/suggestions would be greatly appreciated :]

Have done the Molokini trip with the ship 3 years in a row....the last one being on July 2nd. It has been and still is done with The Whale Foundation boats out of Maui..... It is a very good trip....about 20 min bus trip to the other side of the valley to the pier...about a 45 min ride out to Molokini with muffins and juice....about 45 min snorkel time....then over to another snorkel site......Turtle Arches....lots of turtles most of the time, but water not as clear ....then lunch on the boat...then back to the pier....with many more turtles on the way in to the pier. Also after the last snorkel site....open bar.

I recommend this ship tour for sure.

I would do a car rental on Hilo side ....only a 45 min drive to the VNP....and can stay as long or short of time as you wish.

Chuck

We took the VNP tour and recommend it (3 couples). It was nice not to shuffle with the rental car, directions, etc. and the narration was excellent. We felt we would have missed info otherwise and just enough time was spent at each stop.

Having said that, we did rent cars on Maui and Kauai (and Oahu) and thoroughly enjoyed touring on our own. We did participate in 4 NCL tours and with the port intensive days, jet lag, and early mornings, it was nice to do a mix of tours and rental cars.

Don't forget to visit the Hawaii posts ... Lots of info there.

Congrats on the 20 years and have a great time ... we did.

We were extremely disappointed by the Luau on Kuaui on our April trip on Pride of America. The food quality and presentation were abysmal -- reminded me of the steam table fare at college. The bartenders were a little surly as they poured cheap brands. The show, however, was wonderful. I just don't think it was worth the $100 per person.

Note: We LOVE the Pride of America. Don't misconstrue our Luau experience to reflect on PoAm!

Archived