Costa kids program?

sunnydelyght

If anyone has info on Costa cruises and the kids programs please pass it on. Carnival and Princess have great programs, but have never been on Costa. Kids range from 8-11. Concerned that they might be bored as it is the kids first cruise. Thanks....

Denise & Gerald

We purposely avoided booking on them because the French think that's the only company that exists. I saw the cruise as an opportunity to improve our children's English. They always use English with me and are fluent in it but going on vacation with even more French people seemed pointless.

I'd consider the language thing too. I understand it's multi-linguistic but make sure your cruise is not dominated by one nationality.

hth

Eclipsepearl, thank you for the input. I am told the Caribbean sailings are quite different then the Europe sailings in terms of kids activities and people onboard. Either way, always nice to meet new people of any nationality.

Celebrat, thank you for the review, learned a few things that we were wondering about Costa. Thought about bringing some drink mix for the kids as well. Too bad they don't offer the same things as Carnival. I hope that they now have some children's TV programs for the night time. Overall, we hope that our kids enjoy it as much as it seems yours did. Thanks again.

Gerald & Denise:)

We went with extended family and a total of 11 school age kids and no one felt the Costa program was nearly as good as those of Carnival or RCCI. All the kids even said the program wasn't nearly as fun, or had as much to do as other ships they were on. The older kids liked RCCI's program better while the younger ones much preferred Carnival.

We went with extended family and a total of 11 school age kids and no one felt the Costa program was nearly as good as those of Carnival or RCCI. All the kids even said the program wasn't nearly as fun, or had as much to do as other ships they were on. The older kids liked RCCI's program better while the younger ones much preferred Carnival.

Thanks for the info...I would love to take the kids on Carnival, but would cost at least $1000. more for 4 kids! I really hope that Costa has improved their program or is fun as our kids have nothing to compare to.

Archived